Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Report: JetBlue in Talks to Buy 25% Stake in Aer Lingus

Old Mar 12, 2012, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite

Reuters) - U.S. airline JetBlue (JBLU.O) has spoken to the management of Aer Lingus (AERL.I) about the possible purchase of a stake in the Irish airline, the Irish Times newspaper reported on Monday, citing informed sources.

The Irish government has said it is considering selling its 25 percent stake in the airline as part of a privatization drive required under its European Union/International Monetary Fund bailout.

The stake is valued at about 115 million euros ($150 million) based on the Irish carrier's current market capitalization of 461 million euros.

The newspaper said JetBlue is the Aer Lingus management's preferred trade investor due to the similarities of the carriers' low-cost business models and the fact they do not compete on any routes.

The two airlines have operated a sales agreement since 2008.

Neither airline immediately responded to emailed requests for comment on the report.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/0...82B0BD20120312

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.