Toddler Tantrum Gets Family Booted from JetBlue Flight.

Subscribe
They have absolutely no reason. The family were kicked it off the plane. This is ridiculous!! They will continued the flight back home. They doesn't do anything wrong. This is has happening the toddler did not return the seated and they did not followed the flight crew instructions.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/tod...184600037.html

There is no reason to kicked them off the plane. Thsy should stay onboard the aircraft. They have remain in the seated and get ready for takeoff.

Shame on JetBlue!!!
I agree. As a father of a 3-year-old, when I read that article I was horrified. It seemed that the parents were trying all they could. I'm sure all parents have been in that helpless situation, trying all we could to clam our child down. I just felt sick reading about what JetBlue did to this family.

And on top of all that, JetBlue only has one flight a week from PLS to BOS, so JetBlue basically just left them stranded....
Too bad. Control your kid for their own safety, that's why there are rules and regulations in place. If you can't control your child, don't board a plane with them. Would you expect to be allowed to fly if, when instructed to remain seated, a 35 year old decided to get up, climb over seats, etc. during taxi/take off?

No.

Full disclosure: I have no kids.
...Scrambling to find four seats on another Turks and Caicos flight bound for Boston, the Vieau family were forced to spent $2000 on overnight accommodations."

...really?
Seems like someone needs to find a waaaambulance.

Perhaps some kids aren't meant to travel. If they can't be seated safely during takeoff, landings, and other times when it's necessary, then perhaps a cruise would better suit them.

2k for one night? Seems a bit extreme, unless Comdex was in down.
That's why I felt sick to my stomach when I read the article....

Kids are just unpredictable. My son is perfectly calm and good 99% of the time, and almost every time we get off the flight the flight attendants tell us how good he was. Last time on a TATL flight they even thanked us for being good parents.

But, I know he is capable of throwing tantrums. He hasn't done it on a plane yet thankfully, but who knows, he may never do it, or he may go crazy on our next flight. We try to be fully prepared - his own backpack of toys, snacks, iPad, as much milk as the TSA allows, etc. But we know he is fully capable of it.

And reading what happened to this family just made me sick because I knew it could've been us....
Quote: ...Scrambling to find four seats on another Turks and Caicos flight bound for Boston, the Vieau family were forced to spent $2000 on overnight accommodations."

...really?
That reporter mis-reported. Another news source pointed out the $2000 was for new tickets to fly home, plus one night of accommodations. 4 last-minute one-way tickets, plus one night of hotel. JetBlue left them stranded on the island....

I know 4 years ago I had the attitude other posters show here - be better parents, control your kid, etc etc. But now that I've experienced that helpless feeling, it completely changed my attitude.....
Quote: Too bad. Control your kid for their own safety, that's why there are rules and regulations in place. If you can't control your child, don't board a plane with them. Would you expect to be allowed to fly if, when instructed to remain seated, a 35 year old decided to get up, climb over seats, etc. during taxi/take off?

No.
^
Quote: That's why I felt sick to my stomach when I read the article....

Kids are just unpredictable. My son is perfectly calm and good 99% of the time, and almost every time we get off the flight the flight attendants tell us how good he was. Last time on a TATL flight they even thanked us for being good parents.

But, I know he is capable of throwing tantrums. He hasn't done it on a plane yet thankfully, but who knows, he may never do it, or he may go crazy on our next flight. We try to be fully prepared - his own backpack of toys, snacks, iPad, as much milk as the TSA allows, etc. But we know he is fully capable of it.

And reading what happened to this family just made me sick because I knew it could've been us....
I do know that if I'm in J/F, I don't want some kids disturbing me during my work/sleep.
Quote: I do know that if I'm in J/F, I don't want some kids disturbing new during my work/sleep.
Right. I don't want to disturbed the children during in-flight. When I am sleeping. They won't bother me while I am sleep on the plane. I will wake up myself when I see the sun is shining.
Not hard to find those with kids and those without on this thread.
i've sat on the tarmac on two occasions now because of free-range parents who refused to constrain their children during taxi/takeoff -- even saw one couple get threatened with expulsion from the plane.

so i'd love to hear the story told by a neutral 3rd party who was on that plane before i go forming any opinion about jetblue.
I don't feel sorry for the parents at all. This was non-essential pleasure travel. Not medical, not emergency bereavement, not moving overseas where no other option exists. These parents chose to chance traveling to a flight-required destination with a toddler, they get to suffer the consequences of their poor decision making. Good for Jet Blue.

Mother was a pediatrician, she of all people should know about the wonders of medication/sedation. Or next time, take a holiday they can drive to in their own private car. Spare the rest of society from the brat. Parents are beginning to reap what they have sown, as the traveling public is beginning to push back and push hard.
Tons of empathy having travelled w. twins from 10 mos. to 8 years now. But, no sympathy. The captain's decision is safety based and has nothing to do with anything else. The consequences were terrible, but the captain's decision can't be based on whether there is hourly or weekly service.

What if the kid had been flung from her seat during a turbulent climb out and seriously injured? What if she had been flung and not injured, but had seriously injured another pax? (30-40 lb. projectile).

If this happened to me, I'd be upset, but not at the carrier.
Quote:
Mother was a pediatrician, she of all people should know about the wonders of medication/sedation. Or next time, take a holiday they can drive to in their own private car. Spare the rest of society from the brat. Parents are beginning to reap what they have sown, as the traveling public is beginning to push back and push hard.
Medication is not the solution. That has it's own risks as well and is just not the answer.

You sound pretty arrogant, sometimes things happen with kids and you have to roll with the punches. You clearly don't have kids, and that's a good thing for all of us.