FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   How do you recover expired TrueBlue points? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1320882-how-do-you-recover-expired-trueblue-points.html)

jperini12 Mar 4, 2012 7:40 am

How do you recover expired TrueBlue points?

Lost points

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know how to renew expired TrueBlue points?

I wrote to the CEO, David Barger and a customer rep wrote saying points expire after 1 year, without any exception.

2/08/2012

David Barger
Chief Executive Officer
JetBlue Airways
118-29 Queens Blvd
Forest Hills, NY 11375

Dear Mr. David Barger

I am requesting a second chance. The request is to have my
15,251 TrueBlue points be reinstated. It was my fault, I confused the one year expiration date from last activity date which was 2/12/11 not the last date of use which was 10/24/2010. I called JetBlue consumer services on
1/24/12 to find out why my points expired before 2/12/11 and told of my error. When I came home from Florida, I looked for the letter I received from Kris (24592) which notified me of reinstatement of points me and my wife Cathy's TrueBlue points. I see my error in dates listed in her letter.
Kris did state in the letter that as long as I use my JetBlue American Express card or fly at least once prior to my expiration date my points will never expire.

That was my plan to obtain a JetBlue Card from American Express if I was not able fly before the year was up. Only problem I got dates confused. I promise I will obtain JetBlue American Express as soon as the points are in my account. I will not to wait 11 months like last time.

Thank you in advance for your help.

billymach4 Mar 4, 2012 10:56 am

Well just suck it up.

If Dave makes an exception for you , the he should make an exception for every other Tom, Dick, and Harry.

The Terms and Conditions are clear. Use or lose. In my family we have 3 JB AMEX cards to insure we never loose our points.

Yeah 15000 points would get you a flight, but I really don't see any recourse for your predicament.

jperini12 Mar 5, 2012 12:43 pm

How do you recover expired TrueBlue points?

I was hoping for some help. I did follow the rules, which stated last activity which was 2/12/11, would extend the points for a year or 2/12/12 not 10/27/11. Just like every company the courtesy extention is based on the situation. Does anyone know how to reach Jetblue by phone?

sbm12 Mar 5, 2012 1:07 pm

I'm a bit confused about the dates you have listed here. Points expire one year from the last accrual via flight or AmEx. Are you saying you had a redemption after that which you expected to extend the expiry date? Or something else.

800-JetBlue is the phone number. Good luck.

jperini12 Mar 6, 2012 7:43 pm

Lost points

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 18139506)
I'm a bit confused about the dates you have listed here. Points expire one year from the last accrual via flight or AmEx. Are you saying you had a redemption after that which you expected to extend the expiry date? Or something else.

800-JetBlue is the phone number. Good luck.

Jet Blue reinstated my points on 2/12/11. My last flight 10/27/10. I planned to obtain AmEx card before points expired if I was not able fly. I wish when you go to the true blue site they indicate when they will expire?

I live near Jet Blue headquarters, does anyone know someone there that could help me? Maybe face to face would help.

sbm12 Mar 6, 2012 8:05 pm

So you already let them expire once and got them reinstated then and now are trying to do that again? That seems even less likely to work.

As for visiting the HQ and trying to find someone to help you, I'll bet against that being a good idea.

JBLU421NYC Mar 7, 2012 11:30 am

The TrueBlue account summary page does indicate when points expire, it is right in the middle of the My TrueBlue Home page. The first three things listed are TrueBlue number, Available Points and Points expiration date.

Smerri Mar 8, 2012 8:44 am

Originally Posted by JBLU421NYC (Post 18153998)
The TrueBlue account summary page does indicate when points expire, it is right in the middle of the My TrueBlue Home page. The first three things listed are TrueBlue number, Available Points and Points expiration date.

On mine I just have my TrueBlue Number and Available points. It doesn't show my expiration date.

billymach4 Mar 8, 2012 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by jperini12 (Post 18149438)
Jet Blue reinstated my points on 2/12/11. My last flight 10/27/10. I planned to obtain AmEx card before points expired if I was not able fly. I wish when you go to the true blue site they indicate when they will expire?

I live near Jet Blue headquarters, does anyone know someone there that could help me? Maybe face to face would help.

Have you applied for the AMEX JetBlue card? That would be the first step to showing some goodwill.

jperini12 Mar 10, 2012 12:56 pm

Does anyone to how to reinstate JetBlue points?

1. So you already let them expire once and got them reinstated then and now are trying to do that again? That seems even less likely to work.

2. The TrueBlue account summary page does indicate when points expire, it is right in the middle of the My TrueBlue Home page. The first three things listed are TrueBlue number, Available Points and Points expiration date.

3. On mine I just have my TrueBlue Number and Available points. It doesn't show my expiration date.

4. Have you applied for the AMEX JetBlue card? That would be the first step to showing some goodwill.

First of all thank you for trying to help me.

I will try to answer all the above questions.

I had full intention not to let my points expire. It would be helpful if JetBlue would help a their trueblue customers by indicating when the points expire and notify them by email like other award programs. My TrueBlue account does not list expiration date (I have copy of my September statement and if there was a expiration date of 10/27/11, I would obtain AMEX JetBlue card that day. I beleived the rules which stated last activity which was 2/12/11, would extend the points for a year or 2/12/12 not 10/27/11. Expiration date or notification would have solved that error ) Other programs such as Frontier and Delta do notify you if points are going to expire or let buy them back.

In my letter to the CEO, I said "Instead of a courtesy, as a contingency could I be required to obtain a JetBlue Card from American Express before you reinstate my points. I could promise keep my card active for rest of my life."

sbm12 Mar 12, 2012 6:37 am

Even just applying on the last possible day was a risk. What if you weren't approved? Or if the approval took a few days to kick in? You pushed your luck and lost. Sucks, but that's how it looks from here. Promising to keep the card for the rest of your life really doesn't change that.

Ducati Mar 13, 2012 11:39 pm

Just walk away from this worthless FF program. Don't fly with them anymore. Cut your losses and focus your energy on other programs that actually is worth your troubles.

grt2106 Mar 14, 2012 11:19 am

The ONLY value of TB points is the rare occasion where they have 20% off flights using TrueBlue Points only.

Unlike all their other % off promotions which exclude the use of TrueBlue points.

Just let me trade points for drinks, and I'll be through with them.

jperini12 Mar 15, 2012 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Ducati (Post 18196963)
Just walk away from this worthless FF program. Don't fly with them anymore. Cut your losses and focus your energy on other programs that actually is worth your troubles.

Originally Posted by grt2106 (Post 18199830)
The ONLY value of TB points is the rare occasion where they have 20% off flights using TrueBlue Points only.

Unlike all their other % off promotions which exclude the use of TrueBlue points.

Thank you for your advice, I will give up on this waste of time.

grt2106 Mar 15, 2012 9:43 am

Originally Posted by grt2106 (Post 18199830)

Speak of the devil however... :-::-::-:
Today and tomorrow- 25% off redemptions with True Blue points!