Wiki Posts
Search

B6 Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2012, 6:45 am
Original Poster

B6 Maintenance

Hi all

I appreciate that this is probably not the most appropriate area to raise this topic but there seems to be such a huge wealth of Knowledge here and I need a little help.

I’m looking for any and as much info as you guys could provide me regarding B6 maintenance, where it’s carried out, what checks are done where when and if available at what costs, on their 320 fleet as well as the E-Jet fleet, if the maintenance is all done in house or subcontracted with reps sent out.

I've trawled all over for information and keep coming up relatively empty handed.

I’m looking to use this info for personal reasons for a thesis so it can be treat with the strictest confidence if required.

Thank you if you can offer any assistance
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to Flyertalk.

Looks like you didn't read the jetBlue annual report, because the answers to most of your questions are disclosed there:

Maintenance

Our FAA-approved maintenance program is administered by our technical operations department. Consistent with our core value of safety, we use qualified maintenance personnel, ensure they have comprehensive training and maintain our aircraft and associated maintenance records in accordance with, if not exceeding, FAA regulations.

The maintenance work performed on our fleet is divided into four general categories: aircraft line, aircraft heavy, component and power plant. The bulk of line maintenance requirements are handled directly by JetBlue technicians and inspectors and consist of daily checks, overnight and weekly checks, "A" checks, diagnostics and routine repairs. All other maintenance activity is sub-contracted to qualified business partner maintenance, repair and overhaul organizations.

Aircraft heavy maintenance checks consist of a series of more complex tasks that take from one to four weeks to accomplish. The typical frequency for these events is once every 15 months. We send our aircraft to FAA approved Aeroman facilities in El Salvador, Pemco in Tampa, Florida, Timco in Lake City, Florida and Embraer Aircraft Maintenance Services in Nashville, Tennessee. In all cases this work is performed with oversight by JetBlue personnel.

Component and power plant maintenance, repairs and overhauls on equipment such as engines, auxiliary power units, landing gears, pumps and avionic computers are performed by a number of different FAA-approved repair stations. For example, maintenance of our V2500 series engines on our Airbus A320 aircraft is performed under a 15-year service agreement with MTU Maintenance Hannover GmbH of Germany. Many of our maintenance service agreements are based on a fixed cost per flying hour, which can vary based upon the age of the related component. Required maintenance that is not covered by one of our agreements is performed on a time and materials basis.
http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....045&p=irol-sec

So B6 performs most line maintenance in-house along with A checks but everything else is outsourced.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.