Weekend in Burlington VT

Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Weekend in Burlington VT

I was thinking of taking JB to Burlington VT this weekend. Anyone have suggestions on what to do on a Friday night (late dinner?) and Saturday during the day?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Visit Church Street in downtown Burlington, lots of shops and restaurants. Rent a can and go and tour Ben and Jerry's factory.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:05 am
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
If you're a hockey fan, try going to the UVM vs. Boston College hockey game. Game is at 7:30 tonight, so that may not be late enough for you.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djs
If you're a hockey fan, try going to the UVM vs. Boston College hockey game. Game is at 7:30 tonight, so that may not be late enough for you.
Thanks, wish we could, but we land after the game will be over.

So far it looks like sleigh ride, Ben and Jerry's ice cream factory, maybe some snow tubing, and somewhere local for dinner.

Everyone that I've talked to has said the scenery is amazing, so I'm looking forward to it even though it's rather last minute.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 7:09 am

Sounds like you've found activities...

If you're looking for local food prepared well, I'd recommend Crop VT in Stowe if you're going to be up that way (which it sounds like you are -- the Ben and Jerry's factory is in Waterbury, which is just south of Stowe on Route 100).

Back in Burlington, Farmhouse Tap and Grill and Bluebird Tavern are both excellent as well.

Last edited by teegevt; Feb 11, 2012 at 7:11 am Reason: Added location detail

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.