Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian/JetBlue interline/FF deal to be announced today (23 Jan 12)

Old Jan 23, 2012, 6:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Hawaiian Airlines and JetBlue will announce today a partnership for both travel and their frequent flyer programs. The deal comes on the heels of the recent announcement of new service by Hawaiian Airlines with the upcoming launch of non-stop service between New York’s JFK and Honolulu. While the Hawaiian service doesn’t start up until June, the deal will start sooner, with the carriers routing passengers via Los Angeles for one stop service on interline itineraries.

Full details are not yet known but the formal announcement is expected later today.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

http://investor.jetblue.com/phoenix....484&highlight=
Hawaiian and JetBlue have reached a preliminary agreement to allow members of each carrier's frequent flyer program to earn and redeem loyalty points or miles for travel on either carrier. Under this agreement JetBlue's TrueBlue members will soon be able to accrue points on any Hawaiian-operated flight, while HawaiianMiles members will be able to earn miles on any JetBlue-operated flights. Similarly, frequent fliers will be able to redeem their points or miles for travel on either carrier's network, bringing new, much-requested destinations to each program's loyal members.
VERY nice, though still no real details.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 4:46 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage
Looks like HA 50 gets in at 06:55 AM and HA 51 departs JFK at 10:00 AM so looks like lots of connection combos are possible. The ability to earn TrueBlue points on HA and Hawaiian miles on jetBlue makes this really attractive.

According to a tweet from Dave Barger, looks like the HA A330s will pull up at either gates 12 or 14.

Last edited by JBLU421NYC; Jan 24, 2012 at 3:15 pm
Old Jan 23, 2012, 5:35 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Here is another article:
http://www.airlinesanddestinations.c...lyer-programs/

Nice to see the first airline partner coming online for TrueBlue. Hopefully some international partners will be added soon.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 6:48 pm

Excellent news. I just hope the earning and redemption rates are reasonable.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: United 1K
Because of the new partnership with JetBlue, just applied for both BoA Hawaiian Airlines credit cards.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Here is another article:
http://www.airlinesanddestinations.c...lyer-programs/

Nice to see the first airline partner coming online for TrueBlue. Hopefully some international partners will be added soon.
You can earn on AA as well.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
You can earn on AA as well.
Only on a limited number of routes and this is the first partner with redemption options. And the first partner sharing the terminal.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 8:57 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Don't think TrueBlue could possibly give me enough points to get me on an AA plane for a long haul flight...or a short haul one for that matter. As mentioned above the redemption is the key and the Hawaiian deal represents to first true airline FF partner for B6.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 6:30 am
Suspended

What's the deal with all these so-called "partner airlines" anyway? I thought Jetblue signed codeshare deals with them, or at least interline agreements.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
What's the deal with all these so-called "partner airlines" anyway? I thought Jetblue signed codeshare deals with them, or at least interline agreements.
All but two of the partners are interline only. No codesharing, no FF reciprocity and no fare benefits (through flights are simply priced as OAL fare + B6 fare).

AA has some reciprocal earning but no reciprocal redemption and the agreement only applies on specific routes.

The HA agreement will apply to both earning and redemption and across all routes. Plus, pending government approval, HA will be putting their code on some B6 flights. The HA partnership is groundbreaking for JetBlue in many ways.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 8:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sbm12
All but two of the partners are interline only. No codesharing, no FF reciprocity and no fare benefits (through flights are simply priced as OAL fare + B6 fare).

AA has some reciprocal earning but no reciprocal redemption and the agreement only applies on specific routes.

The HA agreement will apply to both earning and redemption and across all routes. Plus, pending government approval, HA will be putting their code on some B6 flights. The HA partnership is groundbreaking for JetBlue in many ways.
It is a start. Hopefully, B6 will sign more agreements like the one with HA.
As for now, the airline partner page is nothing more than cheap advertisement for the airlines mentioned.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Skymiles, EleVAte founding member, SPG
And I shot both of the photos linked within!
Old May 23, 2012, 6:51 am

Any word on when the FF benefits/reciprocity are going to take effect? I see that you can book through to Hawaii on the JetBlue website, but if you choose "Points" for booking and "HNL" as a destination, you receive a message telling you that this cannot be done.

Also, there is nothing about earning points on Hawaiian Airlines yet on the website.
Old May 23, 2012, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

My understanding is that earning reciprocity is going to come before redemption reciprocity but I don't know about when for either or if the plans on that have changed since I last heard about it.

I'm hoping that it happens before the JFK-HNL inaugural on the 5th. I'd like to park those points in TrueBlue rather than orphan them in HawaiianMiles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.