FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   JetBlue | TrueBlue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue-492/)
-   -   B6 next new destination for 2012? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetblue-trueblue/1298205-b6-next-new-destination-2012-a.html)

N830MH Jan 3, 2012 9:02 pm

B6 next new destination for 2012?

Where B6 can do next new destination city for 2012? Any predication, where do you think they gonna next? Perhaps PHX-FLL, MCO, LGB, SEA, ANC, SFO, AUS, ORD, JAX, NAS, BUF, SYR, ROC.

Perhaps, can B6 will consider service to PHL, ALB, PVD, ISP, STL, MCI, MSP, SAT, ELP, LBB, DTW, FNT, MKE, GRB, DSM, OMA, GSO, GSP, CAE, CHS, SAV, EUG, BIL, BOI, GEG, TYS, TRI, CHA, MEM and RNO, too.

Let's the speculations begin.

Hockey Puck Jan 4, 2012 3:00 pm

Jet Blue - Charlotte to other locations ???

It would be nice if Jet Blue could go somewhere else other than Boston and JFk from Charlotte ... I know US Air controls most of the flights but something down to Orlando or Fort Lauderdale would be nice and maybe something to the left cost ( LAS or some where in CA )

krpjr Jan 4, 2012 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by Hockey Puck (Post 17748000)
It would be nice if Jet Blue could go somewhere else other than Boston and JFk from Charlotte ... I know US Air controls most of the flights but something down to Orlando or Fort Lauderdale would be nice and maybe something to the left cost ( LAS or some where in CA )

Something like that is too difficult for Jetblue to support...If you click on "where we fly" on their website and put in DCA-SXM it routes you via BOS or JFK. However, if you try to purchase a revenue ticket, the damn booking engine doesn't know how to route you DCA-BOS or IAD-BOS/JFK to catch the flight to SXM...so annoying. And yes, the dates I selected flights are available to SXM but just not from DCA...not a timing issue either as B6 has 6am flights to connect to BOS/JFK hubs.

Jetblue routing SUCKS, PERIOD! As a JFK/BOS flyer it works perfectly. I have no complaints when I'm home in BOS and need to use B6, anywhere else it is a nightmare.

N830MH Jan 5, 2012 12:38 am

Originally Posted by krpjr (Post 17750639)
Something like that is too difficult for Jetblue to support...If you click on "where we fly" on their website and put in DCA-SXM it routes you via BOS or JFK. However, if you try to purchase a revenue ticket, the damn booking engine doesn't know how to route you DCA-BOS or IAD-BOS/JFK to catch the flight to SXM...so annoying. And yes, the dates I selected flights are available to SXM but just not from DCA...not a timing issue either has B6 has 6am flights to connect to these hubs.

I don't think ever served DCA-SXM but, there is no customs in DCA. Does not have CBP in DCA at all. Only in IAD. Because it was perimeter rule within 1,200 miles. They cannot accepted flying more than 1,200 miles long.

rpk113 Jan 6, 2012 11:26 am

SAV is ripe for revenue

HPN/JFK/LGA to SAV or CHS is ripe for Hilton Head Island and those other historic cities..

JBLU421NYC Jan 8, 2012 5:22 pm

I think jetBlue would do well into SAV and CHS and would love to see that. I am still wondering what we are going to see come out of LGA and DCA. Since I am going to school on the west coast right now, I would love if jetBlue had stronger service at AUS so that I could possibly go SEA-AUS-FLL/MCO/PBI/TPA. Going through JFK or BOS is long, and I enjoy my flights better on B6 than on AA, DL and UA. Can't wait to hear the announcements when they come, and DFW, though surprising to me, is very nice for jetBlue out of BOS.

jaguar Jan 9, 2012 3:34 pm

I'd love to see them start flying to LGW.

N830MH Jan 9, 2012 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by jaguar (Post 17781155)
I'd love to see them start flying to LGW.

Not for a while unless when A320neo is delivery to B6. A320neo isn't ready to delivery sometime in year of 2015 or 2016.

hotturnip Jan 10, 2012 8:51 pm

Time is ripe for a return to Atlanta. They could pick up a lot of Airtran customers who do not want to go with Southwest (like me).

haddon90 Jan 11, 2012 11:36 am

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 17750870)
I don't think ever served DCA-SXM but, there is no customs in DCA. Does not have CBP in DCA at all. Only in IAD. Because it was perimeter rule within 1,200 miles. They cannot accepted flying more than 1,200 miles long.

DCA has international flights, but only to airports with pre-clearance, such as YYZ, NAS, and BDA.

but since SXM is outside the perimeter, you will not see DCA-SXM flights.

N830MH Jan 11, 2012 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by haddon90 (Post 17793611)
DCA has international flights, but only to airports with pre-clearance, such as YYZ, NAS, and BDA.

but since SXM is outside the perimeter, you will not see DCA-SXM flights.

And also, FPO, AUA, YUL, YOW, YYC, YHZ has pre-clearance, too.

Antepali Jan 12, 2012 6:41 am

Would love to see JFK-SJD or JFK-PVR-- even as seasonal!

haddon90 Jan 12, 2012 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 17794335)
And also, FPO, AUA, YUL, YOW, YYC, YHZ has pre-clearance, too.

i was going off of flights to/from DCA...i don't think there is DCA-AUA service, is there?

N830MH Jan 13, 2012 12:20 am

Originally Posted by haddon90 (Post 17802478)
i was going off of flights to/from DCA...i don't think there is DCA-AUA service, is there?

No, only IAD, JFK, BOS, FLL. MCO, MIA, ATL, ORD.

thomwithanh Jan 17, 2012 12:35 pm

I've heard rumors they may start flying the E-190's to Hyannis, Cape Cod as a seasonal service.

JFK-HYA, not a bad deal considering my family is from there.