JetBlue Travel Bank Issue

Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

JetBlue Travel Bank Issue

I recently had to cancel my JetBlue flight reservation. It was a nonrefundable flight, but I got credit (minus $50 fee). I got an email stating that I was created a Travel Bank account for use for future flights, since the credit is good for 1 year.

But I am unable to login using the details they gave me.

https://emergo8.sabre.com/tbank279/

Keeps saying: ERR_INVALID_USERNAME

I have verified login and password details 20 times over, but no luck.

I emailed JetBlue about this, but they stated that it would be 14-21 days before I get a response (really? sigh). I would really like to be able to login ASAP, as I have a friend who needs to fly out soon, and I could exchange my credit for actual cash. Otherwise, I would likely lose the credit as I do not travel often, and when I do travel, I just go for the cheapest fare (har). So I would like to not lose out on the credit if at all possible.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I call JetBlue instead?

Thanks in Advance
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If the credentials do not work then you can either call or, if you are comfortable with it, try getting in touch with them on Twitter (@Jetblue).
Old Mar 10, 2011, 5:02 pm

Programs: TrueBlue
I would recommend signing up for a True Blue account, and then rather than the annoyingly long username and password, you can find your credits using your TrueBlue log in instead. If it doesn't automatically link to your current credit, you can get them merged by the TrueBlue department, and then be able to look it up with an e-mail and self generated password instead.

Good luck!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LiaJB
I would recommend signing up for a True Blue account, and then rather than the annoyingly long username and password, you can find your credits using your TrueBlue log in instead. If it doesn't automatically link to your current credit, you can get them merged by the TrueBlue department, and then be able to look it up with an e-mail and self generated password instead.

Good luck!
yeah, i have a TB account already. my login for TravelBank is the same as my TB account credentials. I think I will just call up JB and hopefully get it resolved. I checked my credits by "booking" a flight and got to the payment page, and saw that I was able to apply credits. So I know my credits exist and are associated with my TB account. Just a matter of getting into the TravelBank account.

Oh, one more question. Am I able to apply my credits (which are associated with my TB account) with someone else's tickets who has a TB account also? They say I can use my credits for anyone else that I choose, but from the payment page, there doesn't seem to be a way to lookup a TravelBank account seperately. So if someone is buying tickets and using his TB account, I am not sure if I will be able to use my credits.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:40 pm

Programs: TrueBlue
Originally Posted by jaesun
yeah, i have a TB account already. my login for TravelBank is the same as my TB account credentials. I think I will just call up JB and hopefully get it resolved. I checked my credits by "booking" a flight and got to the payment page, and saw that I was able to apply credits. So I know my credits exist and are associated with my TB account. Just a matter of getting into the TravelBank account.

Oh, one more question. Am I able to apply my credits (which are associated with my TB account) with someone else's tickets who has a TB account also? They say I can use my credits for anyone else that I choose, but from the payment page, there doesn't seem to be a way to lookup a TravelBank account seperately. So if someone is buying tickets and using his TB account, I am not sure if I will be able to use my credits.
Yes you can use someone else's credit, but it's often kind of a pain. If I were in that situation myself, I'd pay the $15 phone fee. I've seen people who *wanted* to use a credit and it didn't work way too often. =/

It's also important to know that it's *one* credit and *one* other form of payment per ticket. So if you're trying to use both yours *and* his for one trip for you, you'd want to use your credit for the outbound, and book a return separately using his, for example. (Does that make sense?)
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Calling JB wasn't able to resolve the issue. they were able to confirm that I had the credit, so I could just use it within the next year, but they weren't able to fix my account. The CSR wasn't even able to login her own TravelBank account either.

sigh

Oh well, I will just have to use this up within the next year then
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:50 pm

In my personal experience, I have found the easiest way to do this is as such:

Login to your own TrueBlue account to book the ticket. It will prepopulate the fields with your info. Change the passenger info to your friend's info. But then, because you are logged in as yourself, it will still allow you to access your Travelbank credit. The ticket will show that is has been 'booked' by you (since you paid for it using your credits), but rest assured that the passenger will be correctly listed as your friend.

Originally Posted by jaesun

Last edited by somedude24; May 13, 2016 at 7:51 am
Old May 12, 2016, 1:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Please don't post any offers to sell travel credits here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#commercial

Regards Oliver2002
Senior mod

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.