Wiki Posts
Search

Frequent Flyer benefits

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2012, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AirTran Elite, Southwest A-list
Frequent Flyer benefits

Due to Airtran's pending death, I'll probably start flying MCO to DCA more on JetBlue.

I have a TrueBlue number, but are there any sort of frequent flyer benefits, e.g. AirTran lets me book exit rows for free as a Elite member.

I couldn't find anything online.

Thanks
Old May 22, 2012, 1:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Not yet. There have been rumors of an elite program coming for a while now but it has not yet materialized.
Old May 22, 2012, 8:05 pm

This comes up a lot.

TrueBlue members accrue points which are tied to the value of the flight.

Huge distances or monetary cost will get you bonus points- but no other perks.

On RARE occasions JetBlue discounts flights when you pay using points only, it has varied from 20-30% off. These times are the best times to utilize your points.

Also about 2 months ever 24 months JetBlue throws a free drink for showing your TrueBlue Amex if you have one.

They are sort of gearing up more with their even-more-space, but I really don't see much a point to it for the most part. Rare exception may be if you fly out of an airline where they offer priority lanes, but for many of us they do not exist or only save you minutes at best.
Meanwhile even-more-anything is always based on a cash upgrade and not available to frequent fliers.

I don't see jetBlue changing this, as they have gone out of their way to keep everyone in the 'be happy to be in coach' mentality.
Old May 23, 2012, 6:32 am

You earn points at a higher rate (see the "Go Big" bonus and possibly the "Go Long" bonus, if you're flying longer routes). That's about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.