Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue CEO talks of moving headquarters to Orlando

Old Jan 20, 2010, 8:39 am
Original Poster

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...-orlando_N.htm

Interesting news. Really no reason to operate an airline in a high cost area like NY when the same office jobs can be done in any number of cheaper Sun Belt cities.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 2:38 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Oughta move corp HQ to the GSP area! Good midpoint between the dense station footprints in the NE and Florida. Although the nearest B6 service currently is CLT, the GSP area is business-friendly and would certainly be lower-cost, even than MCO (or CLT). Just my .02.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 5:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It is definitely interesting but hardly "new" news. This has been on the table for about a year now, with discussions on-going between jetBlue management and the folks in NY and Orlando.

It would be a shame for New York's hometown airline to no longer be such but I can also understand why making the moev would make sense from a business perspective.

I'm not at all sure what value there would be in moving the operations to a place where they have zero presence and no ties. Even the call center in SLC has (limited) service and some ties to the company's origins.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 7:15 pm

Programs: trueblue
I almost forgot....

Correct in that this is not new news. It would be a pity if JetBlue relocated their HQ out of here. But I do understand the motive. Hopefully the City and State will cook up some incentives to remain in NY.

Does anyone remember the good old days when Pan Am had it HQ on Park Ave. Those were the hey days of the Jet Set. Those were the glory days of aviation.

Look what happened to Pan Am, and the rest of the airline brands. I shutter when I think about this too long.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 7:53 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Originally Posted by sbm12
I'm not at all sure what value there would be in moving the operations to a place where they have zero presence and no ties. Even the call center in SLC has (limited) service and some ties to the company's origins.
Doesn't HAVE to be that way.... We're DYING here without meaningful LCC service. But, what I said about the GSP area still stands. We have numerous corporate HQ's in the area, and companies announcing relocations here all the time.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 7:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Looks like B6 is still New York's hometown airline...
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...&ak=84429.blog

But JetBlue executives told Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and Gov. David A. Paterson on Monday morning that they would move to new quarters in Long Island City, Queens, according to a person who had been briefed on the decision."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.