Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Launch of elite status in new TrueBlue program?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2010, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Hi all,

My apologies if this topic has already been covered, but a search didn't turn anything up.

I recall reading last fall that the new TrueBlue program would include an elite level. The details at the time were sparse, but I remember reading that the program would have a soft launch in Q4-2009 and launch publicly in Q1-2010.

I realize we're just days into 2010, but has anyone heard anything more about the TrueBlue elite program? i.e., qualification requirements and benefits?

Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2010, 4:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I don't really think that a "soft launch" of the product in Q4 2009 was ever in the cards.

Adding the new benefits requires the back end systems to handle it all. In jetBlue's case that means upgrading a number of things, most notably switching to Sabre for their reservations system. That switch is (last I heard) still on schedule to happen early this year. Once it happens they can start in on the other stuff like adding "elite" benefits for VFFs.

I haven't heard anything more specifically about requirements or benefits that will be part of the program.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:58 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AA EXP
with Sabre alive and running does anyone have any insight on potential elite benefits/program?
Old Feb 26, 2010, 12:02 am

Programs: AA EP, Hyatt DIA
Maybe that's a good jumping off point for discussion. What perks could B6 offer? What perks would you like B6 to offer?

My initial thoughts on a few possibilities and their personal value:

Complimentary alcoholic drinks - Occasionally useful, depending on my post flight plans.

Priority boarding - Occasionally useful, when wielding a rollerbag on what looks to be a nearly full flight. Otherwise I prefer to be among the last to board.

Priority counter access - Occasionally useful, when electing to check. That's usually only when I'm traveling with a knife, liquids, or some other form of contraband that the TSA types expect me to use to take down the plane.

Free second bag check - Not really useful, as I can't recall the last time I needed to check two pieces.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 12:16 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Frontier's program would be the best model for what B6 might do. Their details: http://www.frontierairlines.com/fron...tier-levels.do

Basically access to priority lines, free "even more legroom" seats, free drinks, 2 free bags, easier award redemptions, waived change fees.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 1:44 am

Waived change fees and a dedicated phone number would be nice.

Even More Legroom seats I'm fairly ambivalent. Most of my B6 travel is on the E190, where I can usually score a pair of seats to myself at the back of the bus.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 4:55 am

Programs: Tap - Victoria Gold, AMEX Centurion
bump any new info?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 5:50 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
There are some pretty awesome things planned for the next 2 years. The company is really stepping up and looking to add benefits to both the TrueBlue progam as well as our overall flying experience.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 4:14 pm

The sooner the better

It'd be nice to feel a little love from B6 beyond a large point tally on a web site.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
There are some pretty awesome things planned for the next 2 years. The company is really stepping up and looking to add benefits to both the TrueBlue progam as well as our overall flying experience.
Does corporate communicate these things formally to people like yourself, or is your knowledge more word-of-mouth?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 5:20 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Normally corporate won't give us details until we are a few months away from a launch, however we are getting a sneak peek at things in the works over the next few years because of our birthday. I won't go into details as that is still on the downlow but I think we have some awesome product enhancements coming that the customers will enjoy immensely.

Originally Posted by nerd
Does corporate communicate these things formally to people like yourself, or is your knowledge more word-of-mouth?
Old Jun 29, 2010, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JetBlueFA
Normally corporate won't give us details until we are a few months away from a launch, however we are getting a sneak peek at things in the works over the next few years because of our birthday.
The birthday explanation really does not make a whole lot of sense, but hopefully you'll get a better track record than your other two colleagues: TrueBlueGal and TrueBlueGuy!
Old Jun 29, 2010, 10:27 pm

How about a free flight for everyone who had TrueBlue 1 points and had to wait on 45-60 minute holds to check TruePass availability.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 8:55 am

I think we have some awesome product enhancements coming that the customers will enjoy immensely.
Hopefully this includes WiFi!
Old Jul 20, 2010, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA PS - DL FO & .4MM
Yeah some free to use Wifi for the highest tier Frequent Flyers (once integrated), perhaps using the fast lanes for security and having the 38" seats would be great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.