Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Hotel near Haneda airport - reasonable price?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel near Haneda airport - reasonable price?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2007, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
6:30 AM flight out of Haneda

I am flying into Narita on 12/21 evening and leaving from Haneda at 6:30AM on 12/23. I found the Haneda airport opens at 5:00AM and the earliest monorail gets there at 5:15AM. The first limo bus does not get there before 5:45AM. Any suggestions on where I should stay the night of Dec 22nd? Sleeping in the airport does not seem to be an option since they close the airport by 11:00PM.

There are some Tokyo Inn properties close to the airport, but none provide shuttle service.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 6:19 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu is attached to Terminal 2 of the Haneda Airport with direct access to the departure lobby.

http://www.tokyuhotelsjapan.com/en/T...NED/index.html
Old Dec 15, 2007, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

That costs around 20,000 yen per night. A lot expensive than what I had in mind.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu is attached to Terminal 2 of the Haneda Airport with direct access to the departure lobby.

http://www.tokyuhotelsjapan.com/en/T...NED/index.html
Old Dec 15, 2007, 6:55 pm

Also keep in mind that, assuming it's a domestic flight, you only need to check in 20-30mins before departure time. I personally don't like to cut it that close, but an hour is more than enough time.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I am on a domestic flight to Fukuoka to connect with an international carrier. With bags to check, not sure if 20 mins would be adequate. But if the monorail gets there by 5:15, then that makes it a convenient option. I will start looking for hotels/hostels along the monorail line.

There used to be times when one could check in 20-30 mins before departure in the US and still make it to the gates. I miss them....

Originally Posted by AlexS
Also keep in mind that, assuming it's a domestic flight, you only need to check in 20-30mins before departure time. I personally don't like to cut it that close, but an hour is more than enough time.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TravellingMan
Thanks. I am on a domestic flight to Fukuoka to connect with an international carrier.
Will miss you by one day......please be aware that you will have to change terminals via a free bus.

http://www.fuk-ab.co.jp/english/frame_index.html
Old Dec 15, 2007, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I was not aware of the need to change terminals. To be quite honest, I am surprised it is big enough to have a separate international terminal

Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Will miss you by one day......please be aware that you will have to change terminals via a free bus.

http://www.fuk-ab.co.jp/english/frame_index.html
Old Dec 15, 2007, 9:34 pm

Thanks. I am on a domestic flight to Fukuoka to connect with an international carrier. With bags to check, not sure if 20 mins would be adequate. But if the monorail gets there by 5:15, then that makes it a convenient option. I will start looking for hotels/hostels along the monorail line.

There used to be times when one could check in 20-30 mins before departure in the US and still make it to the gates. I miss them....
By all means give yourself extra time, but for what it's worth, I was in Sapporo standing by for an earlier flight, and didn't get a boarding pass until about 7 minutes before departure time. They still offered to check my bag, I made it through security, and the flight left on time ^

Domestic travel in Japan is amazingly efficient.

Alex
Old Dec 15, 2007, 9:34 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
That costs around 20,000 yen per night. A lot expensive than what I had in mind.
Hotel JAL City Haneda Tokyo - Shuttle (10 mins) starts 5.00am. Rooms @ Y12,000

Hotel Urbain Kamata Annex - near Keikyu Kamata Station - Rooms < Y4,000.
Doesn't look too shabby. From Keikyu Kamata Station take a 5.17 train to reach Haneda at 5.26.

Of course, there is absolutely nothing to do around JAL's airport hotel. And Keikyu Kamata station is probably a dull suburban station with assorted izakayas, 100yen shops and a "massage" parlor or two.

If you prefer to stay in Tokyo itself, you should consider three areas:
- Near Hamamatsucho station
- Near Shinagawa station
- Near Shinbashi / Shiodome station

Your choice depends on your price range and preference for being at the airport vs. being in town. (ANd whether you prefer not to change hotels during your two night stay).

Last edited by jib71; Dec 15, 2007 at 11:07 pm
Old Dec 15, 2007, 9:56 pm
mjm
Original Member

Excellent advice and I would second the HAmmamatsucho area. IC has had great deals lately and the area near the station is very central. Several Japanese business hotels with great rates too. Shiba Park Hotel just occurred to me too.

Originally Posted by jib71
Hotel JAL City Haneda Tokyo - Shuttle (10 mins) starts 5.00am. Rooms @ Y12,000

Doesn't look at all shabby. From Keikyu Kamata Station take a 5.17 train to reach Haneda at 5.26.

Of course, there is absolutely nothing to do around JAL's airport hotel. And Keikyu Kamata station is probably a dull suburban station with assorted izakayas, 100yen shops and a "massage" parlor or two.

- Near Shinagawa station

Your choice depends on your price range and preference for being at the airport vs. being in town. (ANd whether you prefer not to change hotels during your two night stay).
Old Dec 16, 2007, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies. This greatly helps.

Doesn't look too shabby. From Keikyu Kamata Station take a 5.17 train to reach Haneda at 5.26.
I found only the Japanese website and muddling around it priced it at Y6300/night

- Near Shinagawa station
Tried looking for hotels in that area. Most of them are sold out for Dec 22nd. The ones I could find are:
SHIBA YAYOI KAIKAN: Near Hamamatsucho station for Y7830/night

A bunch of Toyoko Inn - around the Y7000 range.
Minami-Shinagawa Aomono-yokocho-eki
Kamata Higashi-guchi

Have no preferences. Looks like Dec 22nd is a busy night, even the hostels are sold out.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 2:17 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. The Shiba Park Hotel was sold out for Dec 22nd. Even the IC hotels are sold out on Dec 22nd.

Originally Posted by mjm
Excellent advice and I would second the HAmmamatsucho area. IC has had great deals lately and the area near the station is very central. Several Japanese business hotels with great rates too. Shiba Park Hotel just occurred to me too.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 4:30 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Have no preferences.

I looked for the cheapest non-smoking room with its own shower and a good connection to Haneda. Here's what I came up with:

Hotel Mita Kaikan is decidedly shabby but offers
- non-smoking, single room
- with shower and toilet
- 8 minutes walk from Mita station
- @ 4,830yen per night *(when booked through Rakuten Travel):
http://web.travel.rakuten.co.jp/port...f_teikei=quick

(NB: Hotel accepts cash only)

You can get from there to Haneda by taking the 5.19am Asakusa Line train from Mita station. (Arrives Haneda Airport at 5.40am).

If you miss that train, there's a 5.32 Asakusa Line train from Mita station. (Arrives Haneda Airport at 6.02am).

To get something cheaper, you could try a capsule hotel or a 24 hour internet cafe.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 5:21 am

Party all night, taxi to the airport?
Wish I could count the times I've taken the first train home in the morning after a night on the silly sauce. Must also be noted for the record that the number of times I've woken up way, way past my scheduled stop is also far in excess of 10. Hopefully a taxi would ameliorate that possibility.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. I was not aware of the need to change terminals. To be quite honest, I am surprised it is big enough to have a separate international terminal
Not large in size, but in passenger numbers about 20 million a year pass through the 4 terminals....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.