Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need Quick Help Regarding Japanese Merchant

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2007, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Need Quick Help Regarding Japanese Merchant

A merchant is restringing some pearls for us that broke; we don't know if it was an original defective stringing or even if he was the original supplier. He surprised us by saying there would be no charge. We would like to give him something in appreciation even though we may never see him again. We were thinking of a bottle of Sake. Is this reasonable? Or, are choices in Sake too personal to try to buy for another? Would something else be better? How about palming some cash?

We see him Saturday afternoon so would like some quick advice if possible.

thanks,

Marc
Old Nov 23, 2007, 8:25 am

Well it's oseibo season so any supermarket/department store will have a veritable cornucopia of gifts to choose from.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 8:26 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by Marq
We would like to give him something in appreciation even though we may never see him again.
The best thing you can do for him is to be a loyal customer and to recommend him to your friends and acquaintances. I would just thank him sincerely and spread the word.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 2MM
My wife fell ill on a trip to Japan several years ago. The hotel directed us to a near by Doctor. After the treatment, he insisted not accepting any payment. It was the last day of our trip so we wrote a thank you letter after getting home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.