FlyerTalk Forums (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Japan (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan-509/)
-   -   Evening Flights to and from Tokyo , departing from Singapore (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan/675358-evening-flights-tokyo-departing-singapore.html)

iwannabe Mar 26, 07 12:40 am

Evening Flights to and from Tokyo , departing from Singapore

Hi,

i was wondering if anyone knows of any cheap tickets departing from

Departing Singapore on 30 June in the evening around 8pm. Arriving in Tokyo in the morning as i am rushing to visit an exhibition.

Departing from Tokyo on 7/8 July at 6pm.

I had wanted to go on the Northwest promotion but they only have morning flights.
Is it cheaper to get a departure ticket from one airline and inbound from another?

Also, how does one travel from Narita to Odaiba, which subway line to take?

Thanks. Would appreciate all the help that I can get.

joejones Mar 26, 07 12:53 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwannabe (Post 7469388)

Probably the easiest way is to take the limo bus. Departures at 10:55, 13:50, 15:50, 16:50, 17:50 and 18:50 take you and your belongings straight to Odaiba for 2,700 one way.

If you go by train, the easiest way is to take Narita Express to Shibuya, Shinjuku or Ikebukuro, then change to a Saikyo Line train running through to the Rinkai Line. Next best way (the "scenic route") is to take NEX to Tokyo or Keisei to Nippori, then take Yamanote from either station to Shinbashi, then change to the Yurikamome line for Odaiba.

railroadtycoon Mar 26, 07 12:58 am

Quote:

Many options (not all trains are subways):

The easiest way is taking a direct limobus from the Airport to one of the Hotels located in Odaiba. (Hotel Nikko Tokyo or Lemeridien grand pacific).

You can take the Keisei Limited Express train to Aoto Station, change to the Oshiage Line, that runs onto the Toei Asakusa Line, and get off at Shimbashi station where you change to the Yurikamome to Odaiba.

You can take the Narita Express/ or JR Rapid Train to Tokyo Station (or to Shimbashi Station if you're on the JR Rapid), change to the Yamanote Line to Shimbashi where you can change to the Yurikamome. Other routes you can gothrough Osaki, and the Rinkai Line.

I think the easiest train way would be via the Keisei/Asakusa Lines (Aoto station is a cross platform change) or the hourly departing JR rapid train from Narita Airport direct to Shimbashi Station (mentioned above) transfering to the Yuikamome.

patchmonkey Mar 26, 07 12:58 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by joejones (Post 7469422)
Probably the easiest way is to take the limo bus. Departures at 10:55, 13:50, 15:50, 16:50, 17:50 and 18:50 take you and your belongings straight to Odaiba for 2,700 one way.

If you go by train, the easiest way is to take Narita Express to Shibuya, Shinjuku or Ikebukuro, then change to a Saikyo Line train running through to the Rinkai Line. Next best way (the "scenic route") is to take NEX to Tokyo or Keisei to Nippori, then take Yamanote from either station to Shinbashi, then change to the Yurikamome line for Odaiba.

It's about time there's just a note on the top of the forum: Probably the easiest way to get anywhere from the airport is the limo bus. :D :D

Sanosuke Mar 26, 07 1:00 am

Also I may want to add, that if you want to move around Odaiba with incredible ease each day, get the one day all in pass -- 800 yen if I recall correctly and can be bought at the ticket machine at any station on the Yurikamone line.

Sanosuke!

Pickles Mar 26, 07 1:11 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by patchmonkey (Post 7469436)
It's about time there's just a note on the top of the forum: Probably the easiest way to get anywhere from the airport is the limo bus. :D :D

In the same way AOL is the "easiest" way to get on the internet.

RichardInSF Mar 26, 07 2:45 am

OK guys, you ready for this "advanced" routing:

JR Sobu line to Chiba
Chiba monorail 2 stops from Chiba to Chiba minato
JR Keiyo line from Chiba minato to Shinkiba
Rinkai line from Shinkiba to Odaiba

Pickles Mar 26, 07 2:51 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 7469675)

JR Sobu line to Chiba

Now that feels more like programming the firmware in a SIP server with a soldering iron and and pair of pliers!

The bus, hah! The bus isn't for real men.

Sanosuke Mar 26, 07 2:58 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 7469675)

JR Sobu line to Chiba

Hopefully that guy has good shoes for that journey if they have to stand!! :P

Sanosuke!

RichardInSF Mar 26, 07 6:29 pm

There's another "advanced" routing via the Keisei line that involves taking a (relatively) short taxi ride from the Keisei Tsudanuma stop on the Keisei limited express to JR Keihin Makuhari station to catch the Keiyo line.

You want to get to Odaiba, we'll get you to Odaiba, somehow!

gura Mar 26, 07 9:55 pm

Quote:

Departing Singapore on 30 June in the evening around 8pm. Arriving in Tokyo in the morning as i am rushing to visit an exhibition.

Welcome to Flyertalk, iwannabe !

The 'cheapest' itin meeting your departure time criteria:

1. 30JUN SAT SQ632 K SIN BKK 835P 1000P 777
2. 01JUL SUN NW28 Q BKK NRT 600A 235P 330
3. 07JUL SAT NW5 Q NRT SIN 645P 1255A+1 330
FARE BASIS: QEE30SG SGD968/RT USD666.20 TAX INCL

You may check further options here.

I'd be glad to hear how you ended up booking, once you're done.
Happy planning! :)

joejones Mar 26, 07 10:46 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 7474118)
There's another "advanced" routing via the Keisei line that involves taking a (relatively) short taxi ride from the Keisei Tsudanuma stop on the Keisei limited express to JR Keihin Makuhari station to catch the Keiyo line.

Nonono, I say take the Tokyo Monorail to the docks at Takeshiba, then catch the tourist boat to Odaiba. Now that's traveling in style!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gura (Post 7475268)
1. 30JUN SAT SQ632 K SIN BKK 835P 1000P 777
2. 01JUL SUN NW28 Q BKK NRT 600A 235P 330

Jeez! An overnight in BKK followed by NW? Are you trying to kill the guy?

Guy Betsy Mar 26, 07 11:00 pm

Quote:

Hi,

I had wanted to go on the Northwest promotion but they only have morning flights.
Is it cheaper to get a departure ticket from one airline and inbound from another?

* Definitely not.

Cheapest option is to stick with one airline.

Are you travelling alone ? Because the best deals are when 2 people travelling together... ie $688 per person!

Otherwise you'll be looking at -
NH - around S$ 1122 before tax,
SQ - around S$ 1180 before tax, and JL around S$ 1100 before tax.

All depart past 8pm from SIngapore, and return past 6pm from NRT.

gura Mar 26, 07 11:44 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by joejones (Post 7475500)
Jeez! An overnight in BKK followed by NW? Are you trying to kill the guy?

;) Sounded like he didn't specify when to arrive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy (Post 7475551)
* Definitely not.
Cheapest option is to stick with one airline.

Generally correct.
But QEE30SG fare DOES cover both SQ(or TG) and NW for the outbound connection.