Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Great deal gourmet lunches

Great deal gourmet lunches

Old Nov 20, 2007, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I noticed a story in the newspaper today reporting that Micheline has listed more stars to restaurants in Tokyo than in any other city in the world, including Paris and Lyon! Will try and find a link to the story.

And I now see QShoeGuy has already posted the full story.

Last edited by Shareholder; Nov 20, 2007 at 12:33 pm
Old Nov 20, 2007, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I noticed a story in the newspaper today reporting that Micheline has listed more stars to restaurants in Tokyo than in any other city in the world, including Paris and Lyon! Will try and find a link to the story.

And I now see QShoeGuy has already posted the full story.
A number of the Michelin-starred restaurants have been discussed in this thread. Amazing how spoiled the Edo peoples are when it comes to food, when your basic "quick gourmet lunch" is at a Michelin-starred restaurant, or if it isn't it is because the Michelin inspectors just didn't get to it...
Old Nov 22, 2007, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Pickles
A number of the Michelin-starred restaurants have been discussed in this thread. Amazing how spoiled the Edo peoples are when it comes to food,
Perhaps a regular on this forum is a Michelin inspector.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 12:54 am

Programs: M&M, Priority Club, Delta, AA
I tried google mapping Wakiya and found a number of them... can anybody provide any additional details?
Old Sep 13, 2008, 1:03 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by LapLap
(And from Calcifer)
Wakiya – weekday lunchtime (11:30-14:30) 6-11-10 Akasaka, Minato-ku (1,500 – 2,100)
Originally Posted by Dinka
I tried google mapping Wakiya and found a number of them... can anybody provide any additional details?
Take the address and use DiddleFinger's English Address Search. It'll let you put in the address one part at a time and then map it for you.

Are these cheap gourmet lunches likely to be available on Shūbun no hi?
Old Sep 13, 2008, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by Dinka
No need to get yer knickers in a twist: http://www.wakiya.co.jp/wakiya/akasaka_access.html
Old Sep 13, 2008, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

No need to get yer knickers in a twist: http://www.wakiya.co.jp/wakiya/akasaka_access.html
Set lunch price does seem to have gone up considerably. I'll amend OP.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LapLap
Set lunch price does seem to have gone up considerably. I'll amend OP.
Nyet. The special is not advertised on the website, but is available from the on-site menu. Calcifer can confirm.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Nyet. The special is not advertised on the website, but is available from the on-site menu. Calcifer can confirm.
Added, then removed. I bow to your guidance.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One more. Featured in this week's Metropolis, the one with Marie as the vapid actress/model/waitress/whatever bimbo du jour on the cover. Place called Tamai, www.anago-tamai.com which sells only anago kabayaki style. Very tasty, lunches starting at 800 yen.

And from now on I declare that I prefer anago kabayaki to unagi, same idea, but far tastier.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One more. Featured in this week's Metropolis, the one with Marie as the vapid actress/model/waitress/whatever bimbo du jour on the cover. Place called Tamai, www.anago-tamai.com which sells only anago kabayaki style. Very tasty, lunches starting at 800 yen.

And from now on I declare that I prefer anago kabayaki to unagi, same idea, but far tastier.
Heretic !
Old Sep 24, 2008, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Mini "Zen" Kaiseki menus

http://www.sanuki-club.com/English/rest_zen.htm

From 1,575yen

It's the building shown with an H (also a Hotel) in THIS MAP. Azabu Juban station can be seen on the left.

NB - I've not been yet, I have plans to do so.

I did actually eat here some time ago. Love the place and it is good value, only thing I'm not so keen on is the speciality; the udon. Wish it was a little firmer and chewier.

Last edited by LapLap; Oct 17, 2013 at 7:31 am
Old Dec 28, 2008, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...??? We are nisemono!
Old Dec 28, 2008, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A number of the Michelin-starred restaurants have been discussed in this thread. Amazing how spoiled the Edo peoples are when it comes to food, when your basic "quick gourmet lunch" is at a Michelin-starred restaurant, or if it isn't it is because the Michelin inspectors just didn't get to it...
A many of the Michelin-starred restaurants have been discussed in this yarn. Exciting how rancid the Edo peoples are when it comes to eats, when your integral "expeditious sensualist meal" is at a Michelin-starred caf, or if it isn't it is because the Michelin inspectors barely didn't get to it...
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

That is hilarious aejiisae

How did one fall upon such a wisp?

I delight in my seminal new identity - paeuelcd

As well as yours:
I'm destined there are others, but I'm a stiff-end man myself (Mrs. aejiisae has decided, ahem, minimal morality), so I can't back too much. Having oral that, if I didn't have an chamber in Tokyo, and Mrs. aejiisae wasn't traveling with me, I'd fortunately stop at one of the above places.

And as one of 'the above places' is the Marunouchi Bed in Tokyo stage, I'm wondering if you are actually misemono.

Last edited by LapLap; Dec 29, 2008 at 12:10 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.