Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2015, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: joejones
Options for transferring between Tokyo's two airports :

Taxi:
Beween NRT and Tokyo City including HND, fixed fare is approved by government. In most of the cases, fixed fares are cheaper than meter fares. Advance booking required. Tolls are not included.
Limousine Bus (link):
Rail (link):
Print Wikipost

Transport between Narita and Haneda airports, Japan [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:08 am

I'm arriving at HND, will spend the night, then leave from NRT. What's the best hotel to overnight at? I'm good with SPG, Hyatt or Hilton. I'm hoping to find a place near the train station that I can get from from both HND and NRT.

Prince Sakura (Marriott) or Intercontinental Strings seem to fit the bill. Any other suggestion?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by lancexfang
I'm arriving at HND, will spend the night, then leave from NRT. What's the best hotel to overnight at? I'm good with SPG, Hyatt or Hilton. I'm hoping to find a place near the train station that I can get from from both HND and NRT.

Prince Sakura (Marriott) or Intercontinental Strings seem to fit the bill. Any other suggestion?
When do you arrive at HND and depart from NRT?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by abmj-jr
When do you arrive at HND and depart from NRT?
I'm landing around 2p on Sat. The departure from NRT is going to be around noon or little later. I know I probably have time to go to any hotel. But I just want to have a place that's convenient to get to and leave from.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
I'm landing around 2p on Sat. The departure from NRT is going to be around noon or little later. I know I probably have time to go to any hotel. But I just want to have a place that's convenient to get to and leave from.
I've stayed several times at Hilton NRT, quite convenient for an NRT departure. But it depends on what you want to do in the evening, as there's pretty much nothing near Hilton NRT (except NRT itself).
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp
I've stayed several times at Hilton NRT, quite convenient for an NRT departure. But it depends on what you want to do in the evening, as there's pretty much nothing near Hilton NRT (except NRT itself).
I agree. That Hilton would be quite convenient in the morning but boring indeed the evening before. I'm thinking someplace near Shinagawa or Tokyo Station. Even Shinjuku if the OP is interested in some nightlife. All three have frequent Narita Express departures.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by abmj-jr
I agree. That Hilton would be quite convenient in the morning but boring indeed the evening before. I'm thinking someplace near Shinagawa or Tokyo Station. Even Shinjuku if the OP is interested in some nightlife. All three have frequent Narita Express departures.
I pretty much zoomed in on Shinagawa. It seems I can get there from HND without changing trains, and the same to NRT. Cannot say the same for Tokyo station or Shinjuku from HND.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 3:51 pm

Shinagawa is also arguably the easiest major JR station to navigate.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:34 am

I pretty much zoomed in on Shinagawa. It seems I can get there from HND without changing trains, and the same to NRT. Cannot say the same for Tokyo station or Shinjuku from HND.
Shinagawa is the simplest solution but Tokyo Station is not that far from Asakusa line Takaracho and Nihombashi stations, where you can go directly from Haneda. On the other hand, there are plenty of Limo buses going to Shinjuku and some of them can get you straight to your hotel. Likewise limo bus can take you to NRT from your hotel. Traffic won't be a major issue in your travel times.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Kallio
there are plenty of Limo buses going to Shinjuku and some of them can get you straight to your hotel. Likewise limo bus can take you to NRT from your hotel. Traffic won't be a major issue in your travel times.
Maybe it's just me. The limo bus depresses me. Maybe it's the traffic, which sounds like will be lighter during the weekend... Still, direct train access sounds so much better...
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Airline Limousine NRT-HND "Trip Report"

Just posting my one data point from my trip yesterday. I took the Airport Limousine Bus from NRT to HND in the morning.

I departed from NRT T1 South Terminal post # 12.

Thankfully, the ticket counter inside arrivals was quiet. (unlike the late afternoon when many international flights arrive), so it took but a minute to buy the ticket.

Once you buy your ticket, you go outside and there are 3 or 4 employees who tag your bag for which HND terminal you are going to and they give you a receipt (which another employee at HND asks for upon giving you your bag).

Then the employees tell you where to stand as there are buses to different destinations in a sequence (eg. Yokohama was first)

The ticket agent said the trip would take 1.5 hours, so I thought I'd time it to compare.

The bus had already picked up pax at T2.

8:40 am - departed post 12 at T1 South

8:45 am - departed T1 North

10:05 am - arrived at HND

Order of drops offs: T2, T1, International.

10:15 (approx) - arrived at the International Terminal.

As for traffic, although it was a weekday, it moved pretty well until closer to Tokyo and there was a bit of a slowdown. I noticed traffic the other way was bumper-to-bumper at that same point. Clearly YMMV for timing.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Where is the best place to store luggage for a day?

I will be arriving from SYD at 5:05 at Haneda and will fly out of Narita (Inter. T1) at 6.15 pm so plan to spend the day in the city using public transport (and not the Express to Narita). Any ideas which train station I should use to make it as easy as possible?

First I thought Uneo if they have storage but that would mean to be on the JR Line from Hamatschucho with my luggage - or is this to early for the morning rush?

Last edited by schnapperin; Aug 8, 2017 at 8:42 am Reason: edit
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: Dirt
Depends on where you want to go in Tokyo, which will dictate the train you want to take to Narita airport. Here are two options that minimize the number of connections.

You can take the Monorail to Hamamatsucho station and store your bags there. In the afternoon retrieve the bag, walk 400m to the Asakusa line Daimon station and catch the 2:46 PM SkyAccess train that will get you directly to Narita airport by 3:57 PM.

Another option is to take the Keikyu train to Shinagawa. The 2:50 PM Narita Express 35 from Shinagawa will also get you to Narita airport by 3:57 PM.

Monorail is far more scenic than the Keikyu train. You get a nice bird's eye view of the Tokyo bay.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by msb0b
Depends on where you want to go in Tokyo, which will dictate the train you want to take to Narita airport.
Thats one of the problems, I don't know where I want to go - I spend three days on the way before in Tokyo and I was there before for all the tourist spots a few years ago.I thought because of the time the fish market would be a good choice - if the old one is still the place to go.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by schnapperin
I thought because of the time the fish market would be a good choice - if the old one is still the place to go.
The old place is still there. Even though parts of it (a couple of souvenir shops) burned down last week (I could see the smoke from Tokyo Station), you still can eat great sushi there.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by WorldLux
The old place is still there. Even though parts of it (a couple of souvenir shops) burned down last week (I could see the smoke from Tokyo Station), you still can eat great sushi there.
Just read about it -any personal favorites for breakfast in the area?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.