Wiki Posts
Search

Kii Peninsula

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Kii Peninsula

I was thinking it might be useful for people looking for information to have a series of threads on the different areas in Japan with Wikis for transportation, places to stay, things to do, etc. I recently visited the Kii Peninsula so I'd thought I throw up a little info and if others think this is a useful exercise, then expand the information a little bit and turn it into a wiki. Other areas for possible threads might be Kanazawa, Kyoto, Okinawa, Hokkaido, Shonan, etc.

Good idea?

Kind of stuff I was thinking of was

Getting there...
Shinkansen to Nagoya or Osaka plus local train down the east or west coast.
Fly to Shirahama

Getting around
Rental car or bus

Things to Do
Ise Shrine
Kumano Kodo
River rafting
Onsens
Beaching in Shirahama
Kumano Hongu Taisha

Places to Stay

Useful Websites
http://www.tb-kumano.jp/en/
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:31 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Kii facts and figures?
I would welcome a series of wikis for various destinations. I think it would be helpful to have a few less-beaten path destinations, since we seem to be seeing more people interested in those - Shikoku, San-in coast, Tohoku, perhaps.

[Seriously, isn't Kii wonderful?]
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by jib71
Kii facts and figures?
I would welcome a series of wikis for various destinations. I think it would be helpful to have a few less-beaten path destinations, since we seem to be seeing more people interested in those - Shikoku, San-in coast, Tohoku, perhaps.

[Seriously, isn't Kii wonderful?]
Good idea on the fact and figures. Kii is great. I was there a couple of weeks ago. First trip back in over 40 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.