Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo High-End Restaurant Reservations Advice

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2017, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Tokyo High-End Restaurant Reservations Advice

Hi all,

My fiancée and I will be honeymooning in Japan at the end of November-December. We have visited Tokyo before and we had a great time, but we are trying to get our restaurant reservations in order before we head out. We are staying both at the RC Tokyo and Aman Tokyo, but both concierges haven't had much luck with some restaurants. Specifically, we really wanted to eat at Matsukawa, Shinohara, and L'Equateur, but the concierges at both hotels have said it's a no go (how much of that was them actually calling the restaurant and asking rather than just automatically saying it would be a no go, I'm not sure). I understand many restaurants have the 'invite-only' policy, but I just wanted to see if anyone here has had any luck in securing a reservation at these place, and any advice on how I can go about getting one. I reached out to L'Equateur by email directly, but I haven't received a response. Thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:17 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Anlun
Hi all,

My fiancée and I will be honeymooning in Japan at the end of November-December. We have visited Tokyo before and we had a great time, but we are trying to get our restaurant reservations in order before we head out. We are staying both at the RC Tokyo and Aman Tokyo, but both concierges haven't had much luck with some restaurants. Specifically, we really wanted to eat at Matsukawa, Shinohara, and L'Equateur, but the concierges at both hotels have said it's a no go (how much of that was them actually calling the restaurant and asking rather than just automatically saying it would be a no go, I'm not sure). I understand many restaurants have the 'invite-only' policy, but I just wanted to see if anyone here has had any luck in securing a reservation at these place, and any advice on how I can go about getting one. I reached out to L'Equateur by email directly, but I haven't received a response. Thanks.
Uber high season for Japanese entertaining clients. Could well just be booked. Those concierges would have been my first recommendation too. Maybe AmEx can help?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mjm
Uber high season for Japanese entertaining clients. Could well just be booked. Those concierges would have been my first recommendation too. Maybe AmEx can help?
I can give it a try with AmEx, but I tend to find them less helpful than the hotel concierges. My question is more along the lines of whether anyone has had luck securing a reservation at these restaurants in the past, despite them being "invite-only," and if so, how did you go about it.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by Anlun
I can give it a try with AmEx, but I tend to find them less helpful than the hotel concierges. My question is more along the lines of whether anyone has had luck securing a reservation at these restaurants in the past, despite them being "invite-only," and if so, how did you go about it.
Would be interested to know too. Asked Hilton concierge to help secure a reservation at Den for October, but it is apparently now invite only.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Matsukawa says reservations are taken from two months in advance, no exception. It is too early today for November-December reservation, and usually get fully booked two months out. Shinohara (I am assuming one at Ginza) takes reservation from three months out (no exception), it is too early for late November and December. L’equateur says currently they are not accepting a reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.