Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Private Car/Taxi Hire for Touring

Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist

For those who might have done this, I'd love some feedback.

Later this year, my partner and I will be taking his folks on a trip with about 36 hours in Tokyo. His parents are a bit older and his mom can't walk too much without getting tired.

Since we really only have one full day to do some touring, I looked into the standard day tours offered by JTB, etc. These are the ones I took my parents on when we went a number of years ago and the itineraries are not ideal. They are either 9-12 or 1-5 and I'm not excited about some of the fluff. The only real appeal is the bus transport.

I started checking out private car/taxi hires based on a per hour charge and they seem competitive given there are 4 of us - the cost is comparable, if not less than taking the organized bus tour.

I've been to Tokyo over a dozen times and am familiar with the geography/sights so can do the "guiding" - just need the transport.

Has anyone availed themselves of the private driver sans guide services? I'd really appreciate some feedback.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Most taxi companies offer charter service, ~5000+yen/hr.

This gives you an idea. Use google translate.

Taxi with "foreign language speaking driver" for touring courses of 3 - 8 hours in/around Tokyo

http://www.taxisite.com/sig/list.asp...n=0&pg=1&odr=1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.