Wiki Posts
Search

Sumida River Fireworks Festival

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Sumida River Fireworks Festival

Will be in Japan on July 29th and the Sumida River Fireworks festival is that night. Would love to see it, but will have my in-laws in their 70s and my kids (7 and 1) with us - 6 in total.

Sitting out in the heat to reserve a spot or continually moving around is probably not an option, so have been searching for someplace that I could reserve seating - either a restaurant, viewing party, etc (willing to spend the money on that). The Skytree restaurant does not take infants and I did not have a Japanese credit card to try for the lottery there. Outside of those have only found a few boat options which seems to be a 4:00 to midnight commitment - also not really an option.

Wondering if anyone here has any experience or ideas?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In your situation, personally, I'd try the funabori observation tower.

http://www.japan-trip.jp/area/asakus...ion-tower.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.