Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

The QR week(end) HND/NRT travel thread (2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cgtechuk
Useful threads:

Late-night HND arrival - hotel/transport options

Which city to visit: Nagasaki vs Hiroshima

Suggestions for a Do

Park Hyatt Bar (Lost in Translation - YouTube Vid)

Hotel Options

Hotel High End (>€200)
Conrad Tokyo (±€380 - personal favourite of henkybaby)

Hotel Mid End (€100<>€200)
Asakusa, Next to Sensoji Shrine
Richmond Hotel Premier Asakusa International ±€120

Other Options (<€100)
Minato District
Hotel Risveglio Akasaka (±€90, booked by henkybaby)
Print Wikipost

The QR week(end) HND/NRT travel thread (2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, BA Executive Club, LH Miles & More, Air Asia BigShot, Les Collectioneurs
What time did it take you to go from de-boarding to land-side?

We supposed to land at 1840. Flightradar24 says the QR806 should land on anything from 18:28 to 19:07 for the pas two days.
If we are on time (18:40), I would like to catch the 19:01 Skyliner into tokyo to get to my hotel in 1:10h. Travelling with hand luggage only.

Nee best option is to take the Skyliner of 19:38, but any recommendations just i case we don't make the 19:01 with ease? ( like lounge to get some shower, food, drinks, interesting places to see at NRT?)
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby
What are the customs wait times like at 2240 at HND? To reach my hotel I need to make the last train/monorail which leaves at around 00:00. Given the plane lands on-time, will I have plenty of time to make it through customs as a J passenger?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by tobitronics
What are the customs wait times like at 2240 at HND? To reach my hotel I need to make the last train/monorail which leaves at around 00:00. Given the plane lands on-time, will I have plenty of time to make it through customs as a J passenger?
Non existent we arrived on this flight when we went through HND and our plane was 30 minutes late.

Arrived at 23:10 and within 15 minutes had luggage, through passport control, ATM money, Passmo card a map and on way to the train lol
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
What are the customs wait times like at 2240 at HND?
If I were you, I would check my booking. I received a notification during the night saying that departure in DOH would be 30 minutes earlier (with the same arrival time). I received another notification minutes ago saying that departure would by 50 minutes later (or 20 minutes later than the initial departure time) with an arrival time around 11:30 pm.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by WorldLux
If I were you, I would check my booking. I received a notification during the night saying that departure in DOH would be 30 minutes earlier (with the same arrival time). I received another notification minutes ago saying that departure would by 50 minutes later (or 20 minutes later than the initial departure time) with an arrival time around 11:30 pm.
Damn, just had a similar notification. That's b*ggered my itinerary up. I now have a 35 minute transfer time between arriving from AMS and departing to HND - clearly below the MCT. Guess I'll need to call them...
Old Jun 27, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby
Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
Damn, just had a similar notification. That's b*ggered my itinerary up. I now have a 35 minute transfer time between arriving from AMS and departing to HND - clearly below the MCT. Guess I'll need to call them...
Same here..., let us know here if you were able to arrange something (since there are no further flights to tokyo after 6:30AM...)

Last edited by tobitronics; Jun 27, 2017 at 9:36 am
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Same here..., let us know here if you were able to arrange something (since there are no further flights to tokyo after 6:30AM...)
Yes, just phoned them and changed it to leave from LHR. However, that b*ggers up my positioning flights...
And I tried to get them to change my return to LHR as well, but they wouldn't do that

On the plus side, I am on QR8 on the way out
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Radisson VIP, Hertz Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
Yes, just phoned them and changed it to leave from LHR. However, that b*ggers up my positioning flights...
And I tried to get them to change my return to LHR as well, but they wouldn't do that

On the plus side, I am on QR8 on the way out
It would be useful if folks affected could mention (here) approx travel dates.

BBA I believe you are outbound in July inbound August after consulting the sake fare wiki.

I wonder if this is going to ripple through the rest of the year? If so, I will have positioning flight issues mid November as well by the looks of it
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by phoneticduck
It would be useful if folks affected could mention (here) approx travel dates.

BBA I believe you are outbound in July inbound August after consulting the sake fare wiki.

I wonder if this is going to ripple through the rest of the year? If so, I will have positioning flight issues mid November as well by the looks of it
I'm in the same boat, positioning flights and hotel issues in November if that is the case. However looking this month's flights, already in an A350, the departure time is at 7:20 and arrival time at 23:30.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
For the benefit of those who haven't booked yet I stayed at the Ibis Shinjuku. The location is fantastic however, the hotel is well you get what you pay for. I did 2 day trips to Nikko and Mt Fuji both using my JR paas which is invaluable as I'm now in Kyoto. In total I had 4 nights in Tokyo which wasn't nearly enough. Enjoy
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by MM00LL2
For the benefit of those who haven't booked yet I stayed at the Ibis Shinjuku. The location is fantastic however, the hotel is well you get what you pay for. I did 2 day trips to Nikko and Mt Fuji both using my JR paas which is invaluable as I'm now in Kyoto. In total I had 4 nights in Tokyo which wasn't nearly enough. Enjoy
thanks for the update. was considering a two-centre trip. Think I'll just stick to Tokyo.

Any highlights/discoveries/recommendations from your time there so far?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by phoneticduck
thanks for the update. was considering a two-centre trip. Think I'll just stick to Tokyo.

Any highlights/discoveries/recommendations from your time there so far?
Next time instead of sleppin up to Mt Fuji 5th Station I'm going to spend the day at Fuji Q Highlands rollercoaster park at the foot of the mountain and enjoy the view from there.

Bmobile sim works fine in Tokyo didn't work in Nikko or Lake Kawaguichi. Lake Kawaguichi is beautiful albeit tbe town is a bit rustic.

The temples at Nikko were serene. But the same couldn't be said of the shrines! Avail of the resort bus service for 500Yen as walking up hills is quite tedious.

In Tokyo the red bus hop on hop off was totally oversubscribed by predominantly westerners. I used Hato bus instead. Alas it doesn't offer hop on hop off itineraries but i got to see the sights and then used my Suica card to navigate my way back to some via the metro services.

Last edited by MM00LL2; Sep 25, 2017 at 11:02 am
Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:15 am

I'm flying HND-AMS on 01/10. I'm just wondering if anyone has had preflight dining experience at HND? Given 1:05am departure I'll want to sleep immediately. Am I best eating dinner before heading to the airport or does any lounge offer preflight dining? Thx
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:04 am

I believe the JAL Sakura lounge is your friend here. I cannot (yet) speak from experience but it would appear to offer what you need and is open until 0130hrs

Lounge Page: http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/lounge/hnd/

Menu: http://www.jal.co.jp/inter/service/l...a/hnd_food.pdf
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by MM00LL2
I'm flying HND-AMS on 01/10. I'm just wondering if anyone has had preflight dining experience at HND? Given 1:05am departure I'll want to sleep immediately.
Airside (general departure area) is quite poor at HND international terminal. They have a large selection of restaurants landside on the 3rd or 4th floor. The JAL J lounge at NRT offered teriyaki, salads, beef curry, miso soup, thai curry and two/three hot entrees. Nothing fancy, but I rather liked it.

That said, I'd probably prefer to eat in Tokyo when leaving at 1 am. You could have supper in Tokyo before heading to the airport. I didn't have that choice with a 9 or 10 pm departure from Narita.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.