Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

13 hour layover in HND, air or Landside

Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD

I'm arriving in HND via NH F @ 20:40 @ connect the next morning around 10 to BKK on TG (also F)

There is a landslide & an airside hotel both located in the HND International terminal. Does anyone have any advice on which one? The landslide hotel seems more comfortable but then I need to deal with immigration, etc. the Airside hotel is obviously the easiest but if I can't sleep there is no where to go. I can at least use the Suite lounge when I land for a drink but that's about it. No room service in the airside & I assume the airport restaurants close fairly early (if I land at 8:30 by the time I take a shower, check emails, etc it will be close to 10Pm before I want dinner. I'm worried pickings will be slim airside while landslide they at least have room service.

Has anyone had any experience with this (these) hotels. They are both the Royal Park
Old Nov 29, 2016, 4:47 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
if you dont need a visa, please go airside. there is little to do land-side at those hours besides sleeping. both hotels are great, not much difference in facilities.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 6:20 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
if you dont need a visa, please go airside. there is little to do land-side at those hours besides sleeping. both hotels are great, not much difference in facilities.

You must mean go landside if you don't need a visa and there's little to do airside.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Go landside. In fact, leave the airport entirely and stay in Tokyo. You have time to enjoy a little nightlife and inhale some non-airport air. Following morning, you can easily be back at HND for an 8:00am check-in.
I expect your airline can check your luggage through to your final destination, so you could enjoy the short stop unencumbered by heavy luggage.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 10:31 am

I too would recommend leaving the airport.

I would look into staying in Shinagawa... it is very easy to get there to/from HND. There's not much to see/do in Shinagawa. But if you choose to go sample some nightlife, you could easily do a short train ride to Shibuya or Ebisu and then take the taxi back to the hotel. Plus there will be some places open late into the night in Shinagawa. Even if you're primarily just going to sleep, the garden at the Prince Grand Takanawa / Sakura Towers / New Prince Takanawa complex is very pleasant and it'll be nice to get out of the airport as jib says.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jib71
Go landside. In fact, leave the airport entirely and stay in Tokyo. You have time to enjoy a little nightlife and inhale some non-airport air. Following morning, you can easily be back at HND for an 8:00am check-in.
I expect your airline can check your luggage through to your final destination, so you could enjoy the short stop unencumbered by heavy luggage.
I have spent (and will again spend) plenty of time in Tokyo so leaving the airport area for a quick rushed tour after a 14 hour flight doesn't appeal to me. However, while I have lots of experience connecting in NRT, I've only used HND in the past to start or end my trip. In general, on layovers under 16 hours I prefer airside airport hotels but that's really just either in DOH or DXB (where everything is open in the terminal 24/7. I really just plan to go to my hotel, order room service or go to the restaurant for dinner, watch a movie, sleep 8 hours and head over to the ANA suite lounge. All things being equal the airside hotel makes more sense but they don't serve room service (the landslide takes orders till 22:30 (I land at 20:40).

Are there any good places to eat AIRSIDE that are open late? Especially Sushi. I see there is a landslide sushi place in the terminal but that doesn't help if I decide to stay airside instead of landslide. Any help is appreciated
Old Nov 29, 2016, 11:24 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
There are a few 24-hour Japanese restaurants airside, including a sushi place:
http://www.haneda-airport.jp/inter/e...01_000000.html

The main ANA lounge is open until 1 AM and then re-opens at 5 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joejones
There are a few 24-hour Japanese restaurants airside, including a sushi place:
http://www.haneda-airport.jp/inter/e...01_000000.html

The main ANA lounge is open until 1 AM and then re-opens at 5 AM.
Perfect. Airside it is......thanks. (That's assuming NH will issue me a BP for my TG flight (which is 2 days after checking in @ ORD. (DEPART 1st, arrive HND 2nd, depart HND 3rd). I'm sure they will check my bags thru but not so confident about the BP. Most airports don't require an actual BP to go thru transit as a hard copy of the E-tkt is good enough. But the hotels web site specifically says you must be "checked in" with BP for the connecting flight in order to use the transit hotel
Old Nov 30, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
But the hotels web site specifically says you must be "checked in" with BP for the connecting flight in order to use the transit hotel
If you think that might be an issue, you can always just check in to the hotel from landside.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
But the hotels web site specifically says you must be "checked in" with BP for the connecting flight in order to use the transit hotel
OLCI will fix that problem surely... assuming it's available to you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.