Airport limo bus or train?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2016, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select

I'm staying at the Comfort Inn Shirakawa, arriving at Narita from houston at 425 PM on a Wednesday, leaving from Haneda to Bangkok that Saturday at 1005 AM. Is it better to take a combination of trains from/to the airports or do the limo bus? The limo bus seems easiest, about 1.2 km from the hotel, however with traffic who knows, especially upon arrival since that is rush hour. Also we have 6 people who will have one bag each, probably large since the trip is for a week overall.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 7:37 pm

Take the Limo bus to/from TCAT. TCAT is adjoined to Suitenguu subway station; from there, it is a short train ride to your Comfort. I've generally not had issues with Limo Bus running late to/from NRT, even if it hits traffic. Bus to/from HND could be a different matter, but I don't have as much experience riding the bus to HND.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by evergrn
Take the Limo bus to/from TCAT. TCAT is adjoined to Suitenguu subway station; from there, it is a short train ride to your Comfort. ...
This is what most of us would do and is the most efficient way. On the other hand, if there are several of you with luggage and are unfamiliar with Tokyo, you might want to consider a couple of cabs from TCAT to the hotel. It will cost more than the train but for 3 or 4 to a cab, it might be worth it after a long flight followed by C&I and the bus ride.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 5:52 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by abmj-jr
you might want to consider a couple of cabs from TCAT to the hotel. It will cost more than the train but for 3 or 4 to a cab, it might be worth it after a long flight followed by C&I and the bus ride.
+1

I think the convenience of just getting into a waiting cab at TCAT and being driven to the door of the hotel is worth the extra money. The fare for two cabs should be about 3,600 JPY (600 JPY per person). Subway fare would be 1,020 JPY (170 JPY per person).

Looking at the map ... The Taxi journey will be half the distance if you walk across the road from TCAT and get in a cab at the Royal Park Hotel.

Last edited by jib71; Aug 19, 2016 at 6:08 am
Old Aug 19, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: Dirt
With 6 adults you may consider reserving a van from Narita to the hotel. MK Taxi site says 16,000 to Koto-ku + 3000 Narita parking fee + 2650 expressway toll + possible van surcharge. It is still slightly more than limo bus adult fare times 6, but you get direct door to door service.
JamesBigglesworth likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by msb0b
With 6 adults you may consider reserving a van from Narita to the hotel. MK Taxi site says 16,000 to Koto-ku + 3000 Narita parking fee + 2650 expressway toll + possible van surcharge. It is still slightly more than limo bus adult fare times 6, but you get direct door to door service.
How would I do that? Is that an option for Haneda also?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Clearly outlined on Haneda airport website, or by a simple google search.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 1:19 pm

Tokyo MK Taxi Narita Service. They also have Haneda airport service.

There are other hired car services too. MK is not the only one, just the first one come to my mind.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msb0b
does that include a driver?

call the hotel and ask them what they can provide.

the limo bus is great, but the seats are a bit small for fat americans.

they string out about a half a dozen stops to each hotel, so the trip takes a bit of time

sometimes the bus is full, and no room for me.

they handle luggage very well.

Last edited by slawecki; Aug 19, 2016 at 2:55 pm
Old Aug 19, 2016, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by slawecki
Not sure if serious.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 4:40 pm

... call the hotel and ask them what they can provide. ...
That might make sense with a 4 or 5 star property. In this case, OP is staying at a 2* business hotel. Short answer is they provide nothing in the way of transportation. Once you are in residence, they will be happy to call a cab for you.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

call the hotel and ask them what they can provide.

the limo bus is great, but the seats are a bit small for fat americans.

they string out about a half a dozen stops to each hotel, so the trip takes a bit of time

sometimes the bus is full, and no room for me.

they handle luggage very well.
Really? I just see that the final stop is TCAT.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by slickvik
Really? I just see that the final stop is TCAT.
He was referring to the limo buses that go directly to higher end hotels. The one to TCAT will not have those problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.