Tokyo Garden Terrace Kioicho

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus

New building Tokyo Garden Terrace Kioicho at Akasaka opens on July 27. This building was built on a ground which used to be Grand Prince Hotel Akasaka. The building will contain The Prince Gallery hotel on 30 – 36th floor with 250 rooms. Room rates range from 60,000 yen to 590,000 yen per night.

Yes, Tokyo can use more hotels and this rates should be no problem for FTers.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, a Luxury Collection Hotel

This hotel is also part of the Luxury Collection under Starwood.

Very pricey indeed.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 12:48 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can often get a REAL luxury hotel in Tokyo for Y60,000 a night or even less. Far be it from me to cast aspersions on the Prince Hotel chain, but while Prince has quite decent hotels overall, it's hard to see them as a luxury hotel
operator.

I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of internet specials, once the opening period fascination is over.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
So far I'm seeing JPY35.5k-38k as the lowest rates. Still damn pricey..
Old Jul 31, 2016, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Far be it from me to cast aspersions on the Prince Hotel chain, but while Prince has quite decent hotels overall, it's hard to see them as a luxury hotel
operator.
Did not know that Prince was actually opening a new hotel. Prince hotels are overall a tired, crappy hotel chain imo. Majority of their hotels I've stayed at have felt like they should've been renovated 10 years before. They've sold off so many hotels and have given the impression of a chain that's barely holding on. So I'm pleasantly surprised to hear they're opening a new hotel. Although I'm not high on Prince Hotels, the Seibu group has really been the lifeline in many ways where I grew up.

While I agree that the Prince name hardly implies luxury, they are capable of running a luxury hotel. Sakura Towers is a first-class property that's sort of in a different league (Prince Karuizawa is also supposed to be high end, but it's definitely not classy like Sakura). In fact, something about Sakura makes it very memorable and I think it's a true luxury hotel. Hopefully this new place will be like that.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
I walked through the site (but not the hotel) a couple of months ago. They've done a really nice job on the development and the landscaping. Also they've restored the old residence and it looks beautiful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.