Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with choice at Kitcho Arashiyama Kyoto

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:48 am
Original Poster
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Help with choice at Kitcho Arashiyama Kyoto

Has anyone here dined at Kitcho? We are planning a splurge lunch here in October.

They are requesting that we choose our "budget" in advance. All are astronomical but I've had difficulty finding out what the differences between the various choices are.

Is the "basic" lunch all we need or is worth it to choose one of the higher options? Is anybody here familiar with the various options? We aren't interested in more courses-

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 4:09 am

Programs: some
Haven't been yet but have a reservation the week after next for dinner. You are mainly paying for the ingredients, not so much for a difference in cooking. If it is the experience you are after - and if you are on a 'budget' (well, if you can dine here you're obviously not really on a budget-budget!), then get the cheaper option. You won't miss out.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:21 am

The difference is in the ingredients and unless you are someone who can appreciate very fine differences in Japanese kaiseki cuisine, I would say choose the cheapest one
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
I think that is the key. Meals are more for Japanese taste buds, not for the U.S. taste buds. Meals served at this restaurant will not taste like what you have eaten at Japanese restaurants at Los Angeles and San Diego area.

Also, Kitcho has interesting history (incident) and that is the reason many average Japanese came to know this restaurant. Close to ten years ago, one of restaurant belonged to Kitcho group (yes, this is high end restaurant but it is chain group restaurants which used to be owned by family member of founding chef) were serving items which was passed “Good Till” date. Also, one of Kitcho restaurants was found to serving leftover food from previously served dish to next guest.

Family member owners of Kitcho was ousted and now run by more of corporate style. I never eaten at Kitcho but this is the reason I came to know Kitcho name and so as many average Japanese. Enjoy the meal!
Old Aug 5, 2016, 2:43 am

We Japanese choose the price range of the middle at such time.The budget changes which branch of the shop you go to.Meal charges at the head office are around 620 CAdollars.Meal charges in the Granvia Branch are around 390 CAdollars.I think that you should choose the thing of the price of you it.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by Naoki Takebayashi
We Japanese choose the price range of the middle at such time.The budget changes which branch of the shop you go to.Meal charges at the head office are around 620 CAdollars.Meal charges in the Granvia Branch are around 390 CAdollars.I think that you should choose the thing of the price of you it.
Welcome to FT!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.