Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

taxi from Tokyo Station to Hotel - big enough for three plus luggage?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

taxi from Tokyo Station to Hotel - big enough for three plus luggage?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2016, 1:02 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Each passenger must have his/her own card. Child's fare applies to 6-11 year olds.
Exception that's implied but not stated above: you can generally take up to two children <6 years old with you for free, and they don't need a separate card/ticket. The exception to the exception is if you want to reserve a separate seat for them (e.g. on the NEX).
Old Jun 18, 2016, 3:47 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I split a cab with two co-workers from Tokyo Station in a regular-sized Toyota Crown; I had a 26" checked bag and an 18" carry-on; the other two just had carry-ons (I'm staying longer) and we were able to cram everything into the trunk.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:21 am
Original Poster

now that we're back, wanted to close the loop on this with our experience: on the way in, we all three sat in the back with one of our 26" cases in the trunk and the other in the front passenger seat. On the way out, we managed to get both 26" cases in the trunk along with a small duffel bag, which let us sit more comfortably two in the back and one in the passenger seat. In any event, no problems either way.

By the way, we used the luggage forwarding system during our two weeks in Japan, and it was absolutely brilliant!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.