Wiki Posts
Search

Tomobe, Ibaraki HOTEL? (newbie)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2016, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Tomobe, Ibaraki HOTEL? (newbie)

Looking for hotel options -- near the train station ideally. Trying to make it work in Mito, but may need to be in Tomobe. Want something nice. Any ideas? (Also open to suggestions in Mito in case I can swing it.)

Japan Newbie.

Thanks.
Old May 26, 2016, 7:50 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
There's really nothing near Tomobe Station aside from two dire-looking business hotels. The closest proper hotel I could find was the City Hotel Tomobe which is situated near an expressway interchange. Assuming you won't have a car, you're better off staying in Mito -- Tomobe is a short train ride away. In Mito you'll have your choice of several Japanese hotel chains.
Old May 26, 2016, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by armagebedar
There's really nothing near Tomobe Station aside from two dire-looking business hotels. The closest proper hotel I could find was the City Hotel Tomobe which is situated near an expressway interchange. Assuming you won't have a car, you're better off staying in Mito -- Tomobe is a short train ride away. In Mito you'll have your choice of several Japanese hotel chains.
Thank you! That's about what I found. I didn't realize that one was by the expressway. I guess I'll go for Mito and commute. Have family in both cities and need to see both so it'll all work out.

UPDATE: Ended up in Tomobe. Believe it or not, everything near the train station was sold out (!), but City Hotel is a good functional spot with great staff.

Last edited by abaheti; May 29, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.