Wiki Posts
Search

10 day trip to Japan in 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

10 day trip to Japan in 2016

Hi All,
Going on a trip to Japan in October 2016. Planning on going to Hiroshima, Kyoto, Osaka, Koyasan, Kanasawa, Shiragawago, Takayama and Toyko. Trip is about 10 days.We were thinking of going from Kansai airport to Hiroshima and working our way back. Now we're having second thoughts that we should go to Koyasan first since it is close to Kansai airport then continuing our journey, We are even open to doing our trip in reverse if that makes better sense.

Any thoughts and suggestions are very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Old May 25, 2016, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
All those locations in 10 days?! Looks like you will be spending more time on transit between each location than at each location. Have you looked into how long of the trip will be form one location to next? Just looks like you will not have a lot of time at each location to do tourist stuff.
Old May 25, 2016, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the reply.
Our intent is:
Arrive Kansai to Hiroshima 10/6
Hiroshima & Miyajima 10/7
Kyoto 10/8
Kyoto 10/9
Koyasan 10/10
Osaka - Kanasawa 10/11
Shiragawago & Takayama 10/12
Takayamaya 10/13
Nikko 10/14
Tokyo 10/15 & 10/16

Understood that it seems fast moving, but we tend to travel fast to see as much as we can. Done the first half of this trip about 7 years ago so that should help. Just looking to do it in the most efficient way possible this time with an additional 3 passengers. They are family and being the big brother they will do what they are told to do. ;=)
Old May 25, 2016, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by rahanman
Thank you for the reply.
Our intent is:
Arrive Kansai to Hiroshima 10/6
Hiroshima & Miyajima 10/7
Kyoto 10/8
Kyoto 10/9
Koyasan 10/10
Osaka - Kanasawa 10/11
Shiragawago & Takayama 10/12
Takayamaya 10/13
Nikko 10/14
Tokyo 10/15 & 10/16
That actually seems pretty reasonable to me.
I think you would be best served to limit the # of hotels to 4, no more than 5, for the entire trip.
I would keep your general itinerary intact, but plan to stay the nights at Hiroshima, then either Kyoto/Osaka, then Kanazawa/Toyama (optional: a night in Takayama or hot spring ryokan around there such as Gero Onsen), then Tokyo.
Just make day trips from each hub as needed (eg, Nikko from Tokyo, Kyoto from Osaka or vice-versa, Takayama from Kanazawa/Toyama).
Personally I feel Kanazawa merits more time than Takayama, but I guess it depends on who you talk to.
You'd ideally have more time in Tokyo. Another reason to leave Nikko as a day trip option... depending on the weather or how burned out you are of historical things by the end of the trip, you may decide to skip Nikko altogether.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.