Wiki Posts
Search

where to visit in July?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
where to visit in July?

Hi all, me my daughter and son will be in japan 7/17-23.

arriving 8pm 7/17 at KIX, and leaving 7/23 5pm NRT. we don't have any plan yet and will see what's the best choice for us.

daughter and I just been to Japan this march, visited Himeji castle, Kyoto, and stayed in Tokyo 4 days mostly shopping around.

as this trip is in July, I've heard it will be very hot? would Hokkaido better? I could take advantage of the $100 air fare for foreigners and go there for beer festival? or it would make the trip too busy? the other choice would be spend couple of days in Osaka, which we missed last time, then to Hokane for hot spring/Mt Fuji, and move on to Tokyo before we leave?

any suggestions?
Old May 20, 2016, 10:15 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Yes, most of Honshu below the mountains will be quite hot and humid.

Yes, Hokkaido would make a very nice option. The lavender and other fields should be quite lovely and the climate will be much nicer. Most people head for Sapporo but my favorite place to visit is Hakodate. In addition to the main cities, Hokkaido is home to several national parks up in the mountains that offer hiking and gorgeous scenery. I would just skip Osaka and Hakone and spend the time up north. If you want a hot spring spa, they are available on Hokkaido.
Old May 20, 2016, 10:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
I suggest Hokkaido.
Old May 22, 2016, 8:21 am

At this point in time, if you want to go to Sapporo... I would suggest going after 18th as the 16 to 18 weekend is probably almost sold out of rooms by now.... unless your budget is large.
Old May 22, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA, NW
The most likely reason for hotels in Sapporo to be largely sold out that weekend is that it is the weekend of Ocean Day, one of the ad hoc holidays that the Japanese government has devised to give people more leisure.

Given that Japanese people like to escape the heat, too, flights may be heavily booked.

Start searching now.
Old May 22, 2016, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
thanks for the advices. I plan to stay a day or so at Osaka, then fly to Sapporo on the 19th. either fly back to Tokyo on 22nd, or just stay until 23rd and fly to NRT directly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.