Iberia is coming back to Japan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus

Iberia will be back in Japan this October.

Iberia has started flights to Japan on 1986 by Madrid-Valencia-Mumbai-Narita then switch to Madrid-Anchorage/Moscow-Narita on 1987. However, Iberia has discontinued NRT flight on 1998. Where JAL has discontinue NRT-AMS-MAD route on 1993. At this moment there is no direct Japan-Spain flight.

Iberia has announced flight resumption of MAD-NRT starting October 18 this year, three flights per week. Flight will be A330-300.

IB 6801 (Tu, Fr, Su)
MAD 13:20
NRT 09:35

IB 6800 (Mo, We, Sa)
NRT 11:20
MAD 18:20

JAL currently has joint venture with BA and AY (Finnair). JAL has submitted a petition to Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism asking Iberia to be added to the list of joint venture along with BA and AY.
Old May 20, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus - Blue / Emirates Skywards - Blue
Oooo I will be interested to see what ex-UK fares are like for this compared to BA / AY considering how much of a out of way diversion it is.

That notwithstanding the mileage alone will be a nice Avios earning opportunity.
Old May 20, 2016, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrploddy
Oooo I will be interested to see what ex-UK fares are like for this compared to BA / AY considering how much of a out of way diversion it is.

That notwithstanding the mileage alone will be a nice Avios earning opportunity.
Ex UK, fares aren't particularly enticing. You need to get yourself to BRU and beyond for any vaguely compelling fares.

Am on the second MAD-NRT flight thanks to this terrific opening promo:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals/1740290-ib-bru-mad-nrt-returning-fra-240-a.html
Breaks my 25 year boycott of Iberia - a company that drove me to embrace Ryanair and Easyjet with relief and boundless gratitude.
Old May 25, 2016, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LapLap

Am on the second MAD-NRT flight thanks to this terrific opening promo:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...fra-240-a.html
Breaks my 25 year boycott of Iberia - a company that drove me to embrace Ryanair and Easyjet with relief and boundless gratitude.
LOL !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.