Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Tokyo vs. Grand Hyatt Tokyo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Got a question for folks familiar with both of these properties. My preference is to stay at Grand Hyatt Tokyo. However the choice is more complicated because I can get 2 nights at Andaz for 12.5k points + 150. Whereas at the Grand Hyatt, the P&C combo is only available for one night and the other night I'd have to redeem 25k points.

So wondering if I should stay at the Andaz and save myself the 12.5k points or simply bite the bullet and go ahead with the GH.

Thoughts?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

My preference would be to stay at Andaz. I just dislike a lot of things about GHT. 25,000 GP points for a base room is a waste. Save them and stay at Tokyo's newest Hyatt.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 2:12 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
As this concerns two Hyatts, I'm going to move this to the Hyatt forum for a better response.

Regards,
armagebedar
Japan forum moderator
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I stayed at both this summer. Andaz is much better. Nicer property, great facilities, and generally has higher room rates so you would be getting much better value. Unless you have a big reason to be near Roppongi I would choose the Andaz as a no brainer. In either event it is a very cheap cab ride between Toronomon Hills and Roppongi, and I can't see why you would prefer to stay at GH other than location.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:20 am

Save the points, get the stay/night credit, and stay at the far better Andaz hotel. That's one of the biggest no-brainer decisions I can imagine
Old Nov 28, 2015, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I think Andaz also treats Diamonds way better than GHT. Better rooms upgrades and amenities. The only thing GHT has is their awesome concierge team led by Ms. Abe.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 10:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Looks pretty unanimous. Andaz here I come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.