Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Japan for Newbies

Japan for Newbies

Old Sep 30, 2015, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Has anyone visited the Kit Kat "boutique" in Ikebukuro? What a letdown.
Yeah, went with high hopes but was a complete waste of time. Barely more than a corner in the Seibu basement. Honestly, better availability at a Donki or even the local grocery store.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:00 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I haven't been to the one in Ikebukuro but passed the Kit Kat Chocolatory in the Daimaru basement at Tokyo Station a few times. They don't sell ordinary Kit Kats but more upmarket versions and have some displays.

Historic Kit Kats

Kit Kat pyramid
Old Oct 1, 2015, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I haven't been to the one in Ikebukuro but passed the Kit Kat Chocolatory in the Daimaru basement at Tokyo Station a few times. They don't sell ordinary Kit Kats but more upmarket versions and have some displays.
I've been there too. They do sell some varieties that are exclusive to the Kit Kat chocolatories. I can't remember what exclusive flavors they had when I was there, but I think orange liqueur might have been one of them. It had alcohol in it.

Otherwise they sell stuff that's available elsewhere in Tokyo. But they had quite a few flavors when I went. More than you'd find at a local grocery store. Every one of the stacks in the photo of the counter you posted is a different flavor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.