Tokyo DisneySea

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo DisneySea

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: AA
Wife and I are going to Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea for the first time in October (first time to Japan at all, for that matter). I'd love to book the MiraCosta for a few nights, and we're RIGHT on the verge of the six-month-out reservation window opening for our dates.

Anyone have any booking tips? It feels insanely competitive. Right now October 6 is the farthest-out night available, and the Porto Paradiso side rooms are already sold out. How would one go about trying to book rooms on that side?

I imagine at the very least you'd have to book one night at a time, day by day, because if we wanted to stay three nights, and we waited until the booking window opens for all three, the first two might already have low or zero availability. Are they able to combine multiple nights into one reservation? Anyone have any experience or best practices with this stuff?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chrisremo
Wife and I are going to Tokyo Disneyland/DisneySea for the first time in October (first time to Japan at all, for that matter). I'd love to book the MiraCosta for a few nights, and we're RIGHT on the verge of the six-month-out reservation window opening for our dates.

Anyone have any booking tips? It feels insanely competitive. Right now October 6 is the farthest-out night available, and the Porto Paradiso side rooms are already sold out. How would one go about trying to book rooms on that side?

I imagine at the very least you'd have to book one night at a time, day by day, because if we wanted to stay three nights, and we waited until the booking window opens for all three, the first two might already have low or zero availability. Are they able to combine multiple nights into one reservation? Anyone have any experience or best practices with this stuff?
You and I are in this together brother. Will be trying to book 2 nights coming up very soon here.

The Porto Paradiso rooms seem to sell out immediately. Honestly, unless you plan to spend a ton of time in the resort, the other views will do just fine. Just feel lucky to have a room if you're able to get one.

Rooms go on sale 9am Japan time which is 8pm EST. I would clear out your calendar and be on your computer with your account already set up. Have your credit card sitting on your desk. I would think you could get the room type you want if you do that.

You need to book 1 night at a time. So if you want 3 nights, make sure you're calendar is cleared for 3 nights in a row at 8pm EST. And yes, they'll link the single night ressies together once you have them all. The only issue is if you get a Porto Paradiso room the first night and then are unable to get it for the 2nd night. You'll likely need to switch rooms then.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
You and I are in this together brother. Will be trying to book 2 nights coming up very soon here.

The Porto Paradiso rooms seem to sell out immediately. Honestly, unless you plan to spend a ton of time in the resort, the other views will do just fine. Just feel lucky to have a room if you're able to get one.

Rooms go on sale 9am Japan time which is 8pm EST. I would clear out your calendar and be on your computer with your account already set up. Have your credit card sitting on your desk. I would think you could get the room type you want if you do that.

You need to book 1 night at a time. So if you want 3 nights, make sure you're calendar is cleared for 3 nights in a row at 8pm EST. And yes, they'll link the single night ressies together once you have them all. The only issue is if you get a Porto Paradiso room the first night and then are unable to get it for the 2nd night. You'll likely need to switch rooms then.
Great info, thank you!
Old Apr 7, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
You have to be on the computer as soon as the time opens. We booked right at T-0 at the 6-month mark. And yes, you have to book one day at a time. Then you can email or call them to note all the reservations together so you do not have to switch rooms.

One thing to note - while they sell out almost immediately at the 6 month mark, there was a LOT of last minute openings closer to the date (maybe about 2 weeks before the check-in date). So if you couldn't get your preferred room type for one of the days, just keep checking to see if there are openings later on and change your room type.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 4:15 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Also it looks like weekends (Friday and Saturday nights) are especially difficult to get the MiraCosta. Weekdays not as as challenging.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 12:25 pm

Also it looks like weekends (Friday and Saturday nights) are especially difficult to get the MiraCosta. Weekdays not as as challenging.
Yeah, that definitely seems true. I tried booking one yesterday evening just as a test (not my desired date) and the site was intermittently overloaded, and when it came back up basically all non-suite rooms in all hotels were sold out.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 1:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Yeah, that definitely seems true. I tried booking one yesterday evening just as a test (not my desired date) and the site was intermittently overloaded, and when it came back up basically all non-suite rooms in all hotels were sold out.
You could always call as well. Since you mentioned that, I may do both. Try online and call.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 6:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I did a test since tomorrow is my night and I was unable to get the web page to load. And by the time it did load it was saying all room sold out. It's now 9:12am JPN time, so 12 minutes in, everything sold out? I don't get it.

None of my phone calls to the Tokyo Reservation Center are going through. It keeps saying "unable to complete call." Hmmm........
Old Apr 8, 2016, 6:17 pm

You could always call as well. Since you mentioned that, I may do both. Try online and call.
What number are you using? I can't find one that both picks up and has an English option.

Edit: Never mind, you seem to be having the same issue.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I would not make "test" reservations lightly. When you book hotels on the TDR website, your credit card will immediately be charged a deposit on the reservation. If you do not cancel in the appropriate time frame, you may lose all or a portion of your deposit.

I did a test since tomorrow is my night and I was unable to get the web page to load. And by the time it did load it was saying all room sold out. It's now 9:12am JPN time, so 12 minutes in, everything sold out? I don't get it.
What's there to "get"? That's absolutely the case.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 6:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hailstorm
You're joking right? This isn't "The French Laundry." It's freaking Disneyland. There are 3 hotels and all of them sold out within 12 minutes? I did everything correctly, was on computer and calling and still couldn't get it.

There are so many people in the world willing to shell out $500 a night for Disney Tokyo during early October that they crash the site and take up all the phone lines?

FYI: Phone line still busy and now past 10am Japan time? Something doesn't seem right here. Number I'm calling is 011-81-45-330-5711

Last edited by TMM1982; Apr 8, 2016 at 7:05 pm
Old Apr 8, 2016, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I would not make "test" reservations lightly. When you book hotels on the TDR website, your credit card will immediately be charged a deposit on the reservation. If you do not cancel in the appropriate time frame, you may lose all or a portion of your deposit.

I wasn't going to actually book it, I just wanted to see what the flow is like until the point I have to charge a card.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 7:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Looks like there is a new 4th hotel opening in September, Disney Celebration Hotel. You will get all the perks of the other 3 hotels. It was still open when I looked earlier after everything else had sold out. Guessing most people don't know about it yet. If I can't get MiraCosta or Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, I'll take that one. The 15 minute early entrance is too important to miss.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
You're joking right? This isn't "The French Laundry." It's freaking Disneyland. There are 3 hotels and all of them sold out within 12 minutes? I did everything correctly, was on computer and calling and still couldn't get it.

There are so many people in the world willing to shell out $500 a night for Disney Tokyo during early October that they crash the site and take up all the phone lines?
Do you live in Japan? Who are you to speak to what is normal here?

There are what, maybe 1500 Disney hotel rooms total?

There are over 50 million people in the Kanto area alone. Millions of housewives waiting to make that reservation at 9am, or salarymen like me waiting on their smart phones when necessary.

October is one of the best times to visit the Disney resorts. Not too hot, not too cold.

They likely booked solid well before 9:12am.

That isn't to say that every person that booked will end up staying during those times. But there is definitely a mentality of "book now, figure out the details later" when it comes to Disney resort hotels.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 7:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Fine but why is the website crashing on me? And if it's crashing on me, who is it not crashing on and why are they not having difficulties?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.