Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Overnight Layover in Osaka - suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight Layover in Osaka - suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 3:00 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Taiwaned
We used to do the PVG - KIX flight 6-10 times a year for a few years.

We found the PVG to KIX flight invariably was delayed (even cancelled a few times). We've missed the last airport limo too many times due to delays and so we refused to book flights to KIX if the flights were scheduled later than 8 pm.

Suggestions about staying in Osaka or at the airport hotel is a good idea.
The plus side is that there is now a bus to Umeda every hour between... midnight and 6AM or something like that. I know this because last month, I was delayed an hour and a half on the evening JAL flight, and didn't make it out of baggage claim until after midnight. The super-long line for the bus meant that I didn't get to my hotel until 4AM, but the nice thing was that JAL reimbursed me for the cab fare between the Umeda bus stop and my hotel that night.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Taiwaned
We used to do the PVG - KIX flight 6-10 times a year for a few years.

We found the PVG to KIX flight invariably was delayed (even cancelled a few times). We've missed the last airport limo too many times due to delays and so we refused to book flights to KIX if the flights were scheduled later than 8 pm.

Suggestions about staying in Osaka or at the airport hotel is a good idea.
What the chances that I can make it out to the JR station by 11:30PM? I'm taking the PVG->KIX flight on ANA landing at 9:30PM and I'm starting to worry that I might not make the last train to Tennoji.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.