Edo Wonderland OR Kamakura OR Disney Sea

Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:15 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV

Anyone have any thoughts on these or suggestions of other places?

Traveling with 13 and 16 year old boys. Considering Edo Wonderland OR Kamakura OR Disney SEA or 2 of the three.

Edo Wonderland and Kamakura I'm thinking of for the local cultural aspect of them. Kamakura seems like there would be a lot of walking and things are further from one another. On the other hand, authentic versus created for tourism.

Disney SEA could be nice, but may also be very crowded in April i guess.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA AA MR HH B6
If you hit Spring Break time in Japan it will be crowded, but I would definitely do Disney Sea. I've never been to Edo Wonderland but Kamakura is kind of cool. Something that's near Kamakura you could hit on the same day would be Enoshima. Other suggestions would be Miraikan, the Museum of the Future with Asimo the robot that entertained Obama when he was in Japan.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 8:40 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Is this week spring break?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
That's a really wide range. Without knowing more about you or your family, I wouldn't know what to recommend.

But Kamakura is an entire city, and can't be "done" in a day. You can't even see all of the major shrines and temples in a single day, so you would have to research in advance what you would want to do.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Most 13 and 16 year olds would find traipsing around shrines boring.

There are other amusement parks you could visit as well..Fuji-Q, Yomiuriland, etc.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gun to my head, I would choose Disney Sea. Depending on your timing, it's the period between the start of the new school year and Golden Week, so the weekdays should be less crowded. And if you are a Disney fan, DisneySea is truly the best Disney theme park on the planet.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:14 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Is this week spring break?
New school year including universities starts about 4/5 or 4/6. From then until about 4/29, weekdays should be rather uncrowded. My family and some friends are at USJ (Osaka area) today. My wife texted me that it's jammed with people. No surprise there. Too bad I have work to do!
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nishimark
New school year including universities starts about 4/5 or 4/6. From then until about 4/29, weekdays should be rather uncrowded. My family and some friends are at USJ (Osaka area) today. My wife texted me that it's jammed with people. No surprise there. Too bad I have work to do!
I was there two weeks back. It was indeed insane. Good thing we bought our Express Passes a month in advance...I did not want to wait five hours to go on the Harry Potter ride.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.