Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo Direct ticket from NRT to Conrad Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2014, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Tokyo Direct ticket from NRT to Conrad Tokyo

http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/nex_oneway.html

Does anyone know if the Nextus Tokyo direct ticket from Narita Airport Terminal 2 goes to Conrad Tokyo? If so, which station to get off? And do i need to use the free transfer to get onto another train?

tia
Old Nov 16, 2014, 6:32 am

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
Those trains will go to specific stations in Tokyo. It also includes JR onward transportation in Tokyo. I believe the Conrad is near Shinbashi station (although you would want to check that). Then I would transfer at Tokyo Station to the Yamanote Line to Shinbashi (or you could take a taxi from Tokyo directly).

Originally Posted by metoo
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/nex_oneway.html

Does anyone know if the Nextus Tokyo direct ticket from Narita Airport Terminal 2 goes to Conrad Tokyo? If so, which station to get off? And do i need to use the free transfer to get onto another train?

tia
Old Nov 16, 2014, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Shiodome Station from Yurikome line is one minute walk from Conrad Tokyo.

Does the Nexus ticket include this transfer? Is it easy to do?
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:25 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by metoo
Shiodome Station from Yurikome line is one minute walk from Conrad Tokyo.

Does the Nexus ticket include this transfer? Is it easy to do?
I don't know what a Nexus ticket is. Perhaps you mean the Narita Express (N'EX) ticket. If so, the answer is no. Yurikamome is not a JR line, so you can't ride it with a N'EX ticket.

But even if you could, it would not save you much walking. You would need to walk from JR Shinbashi station to the Yurikamome station, then ride the train for one stop and then walk to the hotel. You might as well just walk to the Conrad from Shimbashi station.

If you have a ton of luggage, get a cab from Shimbashi or Tokyo station.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA, NW
The N'EX stops at Tokyo and Shinagawa, and you can ride other JR commuter trains with it on the same trip.

You have two options:

1. Take the train to Tokyo or Shinagawa (I think Tokyo is a bit closer) and then a cab to the Conrad. Every cabdriver should know where that is.

2. Take the train to Tokyo, transfer to the Yamanote Line (the silver trains with the green stripe) bound for Shinagawa and get off two stops later at Shimbashi. Walk to the Conrad. (I stayed in the Shimbashi area on my last trip, and the route could be a bit confusing for a first timer. Just ask "Kohn-rah-do ho-te-ru?")

The Yurikamome adds a layer of complexity, since you have to hike to a different (although nearby) station to ride it. However, it may be fun to ride it from the Conrad once you're settled, so you can experience the looped bridge and the quirky modern architecture of the Odaiba area.

I do not recommend riding the Yamanote Line if you have a lot of luggage or reach the city at rush hour. If you're jet-lagged and heavy laden, N'EX to Tokyo Station and taxi to the Conrad is the way to go.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 2:31 am

Programs: meltdowngraded from "F" and "C" , Accor Plt, BW Dia, ihg G, UA 0.9999MM
Originally Posted by cliburn
Those trains will go to specific stations in Tokyo. It also includes JR onward transportation in Tokyo. I believe the Conrad is near Shinbashi station (although you would want to check that). Then I would transfer at Tokyo Station to the Yamanote Line to Shinbashi (or you could take a taxi from Tokyo directly).
Just stay at the same platform at Tokyo Station, then change trains to Yokosuka Line. Shimbashi is the next stop. Taking Yamanote Line involves going up from 5th floor of the basement to 2nd floor on the ground.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 5:23 am
Yub

If you have a lot of luggage or are concerned about taking the N'EX or other trains, there is a Limousine Bus from Narita that stops right at the Conrad:

http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/pla...hes/index/2/70

It's more expensive at 3,100 yen, and less frequent operation, but you won't have to deal with train changes or potential rush hour crowds on the train.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA, NW
Originally Posted by Yub
If you have a lot of luggage or are concerned about taking the N'EX or other trains, there is a Limousine Bus from Narita that stops right at the Conrad:

http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/pla...hes/index/2/70

It's more expensive at 3,100 yen, and less frequent operation, but you won't have to deal with train changes or potential rush hour crowds on the train.
I agree with this. The bus is comfortable, and if you're jet-lagged, it's great to have someone else find your hotel for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.