Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Places to buy Japanese floor chairs (zaisu) in Osaka?

Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ, QF

Hi, I'll travel to Osaka and Kyoto after new year on a vacation. I'm interested about Japanese floor chairs (zaisu) and would buy one for my home, if an opportunity comes.

Would someone be able to recommend a few places / shops / neighbourhoods in Osaka or Kyoto where I should go and hunt?

Thanks.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:50 am

Programs: Delta
Nitori is a home furnishing shop with many branches in Kansai.

http://www.nitori-net.jp/shop/catego...?category=b702
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tokyu Hands should have a few also

https://hands.net/cate/interior/furniture/legless/

(The tiny triangle and the one that looks like a little ironing board are devices for letting you kneel on the floor more comfortably - the triangle is very portable, you pop one of the edges between your ankles and sit on the flat surface on the top. Stops you from squashing your calves and feet with your bottom. Particularly useful for funerals and memorial services where formality is required over extended periods.)
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ, QF
thanks Nishimark and Laplap for the links ^. they are not as expensive as i'd have thought (as a piece of furniture), of course a decent piece can cost a lot more i imagine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.