Wiki Posts
Search

SJC to PUS via NRT on ANA and KAL, ticket & baggage questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2014, 2:46 am
Original Poster

SJC to PUS via NRT on ANA and KAL, ticket & baggage questions

Hello,

I am planning to purchase a roundtrip ticket from SJC to NRT on ANA, and from NRT to Busan PUS on the same day via Korean Airline operated by JAL.

I'd like to know if it is possible to check in my luggage all the way from SJC to PUS, and on the way back from PUS to SJC? (without having to clear immigration to retrieve them at NRT)

I am trying to purchase the combination tickets from ANA but nothing comes up. Can't get it from United website, nor Korean Air website too. The only places I see the combination is through travel agents like Expedia and Orbitz so far. Would buying the ticket from these companies be alright (regarding to the luggage question)?

Thanks,
ling
Old Oct 18, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by aliko
I am trying to purchase the combination tickets from ANA but nothing comes up. Can't get it from United website, nor Korean Air website too. The only places I see the combination is through travel agents like Expedia and Orbitz so far. Would buying the ticket from these companies be alright (regarding to the luggage question)?
It's fine to buy a ticket from Expedia or Orbitz - In fact, I would recommend this because you do NOT want two separate tickets for this trip. If you buy two separate tickets, the first airline is not obliged to help you if your incoming flight is delayed and you miss the connection. With both flights on one ticket (one "PNR") the airline will place you on the next available flight - no arguments.
As for interlining luggage, I think your best option is to call the first airline (i.e. United, JAL, or ANA) and ask them if they can interline luggage at NRT. Some airlines have changed their service in this regard. My guess is that ANA and JAL will do it. Not sure about Untied.
Try to arrange all your flights through one alliance. That will make the transfer simpler and quicker at NRT. If you arrive on JAL, then transfer to KAL it is in the same terminal.

Last edited by jib71; Oct 19, 2014 at 2:59 am Reason: Corrected in light of armagebedar's subsequent post
Old Oct 19, 2014, 1:12 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by jib71
Try to arrange all your flights through one alliance. That will make the transfer simpler and quicker at NRT. If you arrive on JAL, then transfer to KAL it is in the same terminal.
Actually, KE is in the same terminal as NH (North Wing vs. South Wing), so the transfer is not as bad as if changing terminals was required. I agree with you that the OP should try to put the whole itinerary on one ticket if possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.