Wiki Posts
Search

kyoto dining

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

kyoto dining

we just finished #6 for 6 days. most have been 'SET' lunches. all have been michelin 1 or 2 *. every one has required that my wife and i order the same set lunch. is this to be expected? if i want the 9000 yen, and she wants the 5000 yen, that is not allowed.both must be the same. if so, would that also be the case if we are a party of 20? compared to 'DC, the food is excellent, or even better than excellent, and very inexpensive for value received. wine has become very expensive.

in 3 of the restaurants, we have been the only 2 customers.

two of the 6 restaurants have been cash only.

one frequently must order a day in advance and specify which menu one wants, so the restaurant can procure the food.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:38 am

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
delete.

Last edited by abmj-jr; Oct 16, 2014 at 1:41 am Reason: unnecessarily sarcastic
Old Oct 16, 2014, 3:12 am

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
We are going through the rounds of the Michelin rated restaurants in the Kobe and Osaka area.

The places we have gone, they do not allow you to have different price points per table. They told us that it affects the presentation, especially when one has 7 courses and the lower price point only has 5 courses.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

at one of the restaurants where we sat at counter, there appeared to me to be a boss dog and an underling female. i am pretty certain they had different orders. could not stare that much to determine, as impolite to do so.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: FT
I see that here in yyz. All dinners must order set menu. Don't think it's a japan thing. Btw, go,for sake. Wine is vey expensive IMO for what you get. Otoh, ou get top notch sake that you won't see again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.