Wiki Posts
Search

Late October travel recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K
Late October travel recommendations

I'll be in Japan 9 or 10 full days in October and am looking for travel recommendations. I'll be spending 5 days In tokyo or doing day trips (Hakone and Kamakura) but am look or ideas on where to spend the other 4/5 days. I've already visited most of the main tourist areas (Kyoto, Nara, Nikko, Himeji, Kobe and Hiroshima) on a prior trip so am looking for something a little different.

Main goals are to eat fresh seafood and see new sights, also would rather not rent a car so an area with good public transport would be nice. So I was thinking of visiting hokkaido (how would hakodate, Onuma Park, Otaru and Sapparo be), but another option was kyushu though I know less about that region.

I have plenty of avios points to spare, so internal flights on JAL are not a problem.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: UA, NW
Try Kyushu (lots of interesting places there: Fukuoka, Nagasaki, Kumamoto, Beppu, Dazaifu) or the Japan Sea coast (Kanazawa, Sado Island, Matsue, Izumo, Hagi) or Shikoku (Dogo Onsen in Matsushima, Ritsurin Park in Takamatsu, Kompira Shrine in Kotohira, Kochi Castle, great scenery in between).

All of these should have great weather in late October.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:30 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Eternity000
...Main goals are to eat fresh seafood and see new sights, also would rather not rent a car so an area with good public transport would be nice. So I was thinking of visiting hokkaido (how would hakodate, Onuma Park, Otaru and Sapparo be), but another option was kyushu though I know less about that region.

I have plenty of avios points to spare, so internal flights on JAL are not a problem.
Have never been there myself - but Hokkaido/Hakodate looks like a very interesting food destination based on this story from Bon Appetit - especially if you like uni:

http://www.bonappetit.com/restaurant...hokkaido-japan

Robyn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.