Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lockers at NRT or other suggestions...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:04 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by jpatokal
If it's any consolation, plenty of people survive the ~24 hours it takes to get from Australia to Europe
That's particularly impressive when you consider how many didn't survive the journey out.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 1:14 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by OliverB
I was hoping to leave them in a locker at Narita Airport, but I read on their website that there's an 8-day maximum
No it's not. After 8 days they will be relocated to the main office and you can claim them later, and pay the storage fee. Luggage counter service offers maximum 30 days storage.

You should try to store them in hotels.

You can also make use of luggage delivery service, which allows "post-dated delivery" of ~10 days. It is cheaper than locker rental. So send your stuff last day of hotel #1, post-date it for 10 days, and have it destined for the hotel you intend to stay on day 14 for example.

Hotels generally will accept incoming bags a couple days before your arrival. 4 or 5 stars hotels should provide weeks of storage before/after your stay.

To clarify, maximum post-dated delivery is 10 days for post office, and 7 days for takkyubin.

Last edited by beep88; Aug 25, 2014 at 1:42 pm
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by jib71
That's particularly impressive when you consider how many didn't survive the journey out.
It did take a wee bit longer than 24 hours in those days. But reading through the accounts of the journey and what awaited at the other end in The Fatal Shore certainly puts most whinging on FT into perspective...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.