Wiki Posts
Search

MICHELIN Guide kyoto,nara,osaka,kobe 2012

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

MICHELIN Guide kyoto,nara,osaka,kobe 2012

this guide in english sells for $120 to 200. anyone have any idea why, and how to get one for the 25-30 dollar retail price? i have a 2011 guide, and got it about a year ago for $20 or so. i think the 2013 guides are only available in japanese
Old Aug 18, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
I use http://gm.gnavi.co.jp/restaurant/ to get the latest list.

It is in English.

We have been systematically visiting the restaurants in the Kobe and Nishinomiya area. It's been fun.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:40 am
In memoriam

There's also a link here which details the differences between 2011 and 2012:

http://www.seejapan.co.uk/jnto_consu...kobe-nara-2012

So you can just make some notes in the edition you have.

Note that I'd probably use the link Taiwaned mentioned - because it's more up to date. Robyn
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K (Pure AS)
Originally Posted by Taiwaned
We have been systematically visiting the restaurants in the Kobe and Nishinomiya area. It's been fun.
Any recommendations for a dinner in Kobe as you have been experimenting? We'll be staying at the Kobe Bay Sheraton one night (a Wed in October) at the end of our Japan trip (departing from KIX). Initially had a concierge try Ca Sento for us, but apparently, they don't take reservations from hotels (and we don't speak Japanese). So now looking for an alternative, maybe something even closer to the hotel. Would love any wisdom you might have from your tasty Michelin visiting in the area...
Old Aug 20, 2014, 2:57 am

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
Originally Posted by amunter
Any recommendations for a dinner in Kobe as you have been experimenting? We'll be staying at the Kobe Bay Sheraton one night (a Wed in October) at the end of our Japan trip (departing from KIX). Initially had a concierge try Ca Sento for us, but apparently, they don't take reservations from hotels (and we don't speak Japanese). So now looking for an alternative, maybe something even closer to the hotel. Would love any wisdom you might have from your tasty Michelin visiting in the area...
From where you are staying, it is a good 20 plus minute taxi ride but easily our recommendation is Komago. http://gm.gnavi.co.jp/shop/0220140445/
This place is as Japanese as you can get. All the servers are wearing kimono's and the setting is a renovated ryokan.

Food is visually stunning and it is tasty too. If you go, don't be late. They will be waiting for you outside in the parking lot.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:50 am

Programs: UA *G MM
I will sell my Tokyo 2010 and 2012 guides for only USD 100.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.