Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Old Oct 18, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: QMiles,Delta, United, Miles & More, AA, Avis, Hertz, National, SPG, Le Club Accorhotels
Has anyone seen any Yamazaki or Hibiki (any year) in NRT Term 1?
I hunt for it every trip but I seem to always miss it or I can't find it.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 5:51 am

Yamazaki limited edition 2016

Currently available at Takashimaya Namba , but on 7th Floor and not in the basement
Bought 2 bottles, Ą10000 each
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by markkhookt
Currently available at Takashimaya Namba , but on 7th Floor and not in the basement
Bought 2 bottles, Ą10000 each
Great price! Nicefind.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, 1K
Total side bar, but related: Today, at Costco in Orange County, I bought a bottle of Yamazaki 12 for $68.00; a steal compared to NRT duty free. Just letting you all know.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Which one? Did they have a good amount in stock?
Old Oct 24, 2016, 4:47 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Bumping this thread for more info on which Costco in Orange County has the Yamazaki. My poor old bottle is on life support.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 10:05 am

If you go to the manager at any Socal Costco they can check the inventory of any other Socal Costco.
Originally Posted by Guitarthur
Bumping this thread for more info on which Costco in Orange County has the Yamazaki. My poor old bottle is on life support.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 12:43 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Time for another run to my local Costco!
Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1MM, 1K
Hey all, I bought my Yamazaki 12 at the Costco in Tustin @ the District(Jamboree/Barranca). $68 per bottle before tax is a GREAT deal, better than Narita duty free. This was a week ago, and people were grabbing bottles from the stock cart box!
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:23 am

So my cousin will be flying to Chicago from Narita International terminal (transit) in a couple of months time. Chicago Costco does not carry Yamazaki.
What are some good bottles to pick up from Narita?
Yamazaki 12 - price?
Hibiki 17 - price?
Yamazaki 18 - price?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Guychicago
So my cousin will be flying to Chicago from Narita International terminal (transit) in a couple of months time. Chicago Costco does not carry Yamazaki.
What are some good bottles to pick up from Narita?
Yamazaki 12 - price?
Hibiki 17 - price?
Yamazaki 18 - price?
read the thread. prices have not changed.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by mkjr
read the thread. prices have not changed.
It appears the airport is more expensive than the city! What about Nikka 12?

Last edited by Guychicago; Nov 4, 2016 at 8:45 pm
Old Nov 4, 2016, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by Guychicago
It appears the airport is more expensive than the city
Yup. The airport is a rip off.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace
I am at Narita right now, and all of the stores carrying Yamazaki whisky are completely sold out. I spoke with a salesperson and she said they are frequently sold out. I did see it in many stores in Tokyo, so if you really want this, you might not want to count on finding it at the airport.
Unfortunately still true 2 years later. Passed thru last month and they were sold out of the 10,000 yen bottles. Alas I had not researched (or found this thread) and felt I did not know enough to plunk 50,000 yen for next level up.

Originally Posted by linglingfool
Not quite at HND/NRT or duty-free, but when researching places to buy in Tokyo for my dad, I kept stumbling across recommendations for this place in Tokyo Station:

www.liquors-hasegawa.com

Easy enough to stop in if you're taking the N'EX to NRT.
Alas not an option for those of us who never check luggage.

Originally Posted by John17 3
Hey all, I bought my Yamazaki 12 at the Costco in Tustin @ the District(Jamboree/Barranca). $68 per bottle before tax is a GREAT deal, better than Narita duty free. This was a week ago, and people were grabbing bottles from the stock cart box!
Great tip. I usually fly by the liquor aisle on my way to the steaks but I will have to stop next time.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 7:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

In Tokyo now. Checked out a few BIC cameras, Donki, dept stores, and even a local mom & pop store in Ikebukuro. Seeing much less bottles with age #s than a year ago. Didn't see any Nikka age statement at all. Most common for AS was Hakushu and Yamazaki 12. Both were 9180 JPY or so. Donki was slightly cheaper. Hibiki 17 was the only older one, even then.. not very common. Picked up a bottle at Keio dept store for ~12,000 (after tax refund).

If you are determined to get Hibiki 21, Mitsukoshi 8th flr (duty free) has it for 50k as mentioned earlier. It's not visible in the showroom; check the ordering screens.

Last edited by izzik; Nov 12, 2016 at 7:31 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.