Narita to Hilton Tokyo-Shinjuku

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Narita to Hilton Tokyo-Shinjuku

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
Back in Tokyo, again at the Hilton. Arrived Narita, took Airport Limo Bus, which left about 20 min after we got tix. 90 min later, dropped off at Hilton after two brief stops. This was a no-brainet option, costing only $60 for Mrs and I.
Yup, Limo Bus is a no-brainer from NRT to Hilton... unless the schedule doesn't work out (ie, bus had just left) in which case Narita Express may be worth considering. Even without getting lost, the walk from Shinjuku Station to Hilton is quite a lot.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by evergrn
Yup, Limo Bus is a no-brainer from NRT to Hilton... unless the schedule doesn't work out (ie, bus had just left) in which case Narita Express may be worth considering. Even without getting lost, the walk from Shinjuku Station to Hilton is quite a lot.
No need to walk all the way to the Hilton from Shinjuku station, Hilton runs a shuttle. Check their website; I think they post the schedule. Having said that, the door to door Limo Bus is far more convenient.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
It's a daunting task for someone with luggage to walk to Hilton from Shinjuku station, or to find the shuttle bus stop for the first time. It's not trivial to do the walk from the station for the first time, even without luggage.

If one is staying at the Hilton, he can certainly afford the 700yen taxi ride when there is luggage.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 10:46 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by walttom
No need to walk all the way to the Hilton from Shinjuku station, Hilton runs a shuttle. Check their website; I think they post the schedule. Having said that, the door to door Limo Bus is far more convenient.
The shuttle leaves from bus stop 21 on the west side of Shinjuku station, every 20 minutes throughout the day at :00 :20 and :40. But I wouldn't do that with baggage, just take a taxi for the minimum fare.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
As much as I like trains and railfaning, I plan on using the limited bus when I finally do get to Japan.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 7:22 pm

This might set a record for time between consecutive posts by same person

I took my first trip to Japan and found that I could get around quite well. My first choice for day of arrival is to take the bus. If I miss it I’ll take a taxi.

Ill be be staying here in June 2018. Is the rate for the taxi still 700 yen? How do you pay? Cash or credit card?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by steve4031
I took my first trip to Japan and found that I could get around quite well. My first choice for day of arrival is to take the bus. If I miss it I’ll take a taxi.

Ill be be staying here in June 2018. Is the rate for the taxi still 700 yen? How do you pay? Cash or credit card?
Are you flying into NRT or HND? If NRT, you will not want to take taxi... the price will probably be something like 20,000yen or perhaps even more.
Almost all taxis in Tokyo should take credit card, although I recommend you ask and confirm before you get in by asking the driver "credit card okay?" (perhaps while flashing your credit card).
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:40 am

Sorry for confusion - taxi would be from shinjuku station to the hilton

I can't afford to take one from narita.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.