Reload this Page >

Narita to Hilton Tokyo-Shinjuku

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Narita to Hilton Tokyo-Shinjuku

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2013, 2:01 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
There's a limo bus leaving NRT T2 at 21:20 arriving at the Hilton at 23:15. If the OP's flight arrives early and immigration is quick an earlier limo bus might be possible leaving T2 at 20:25 (T1 North at 20:35) and arriving at the Hilton at 22:20.

In the morning the 05:02 Yamanote Line train changing at Shinagawa to Keikyu Line takes the OP to the domestic terminal in HND at 05:42 and the international terminal a few minutes earlier. The first Yamanote Line train leaves Shinjuku at 04:52. The OP needs to allow 15 minutes to walk from the Hilton to the train, a little longer if he is not familiar with Shinjuku station.

A limo bus leaving the Hilton at 04:25 arrives at the international terminal at 05:15 as evergrn points out, or pay 8000-9000 yen for a cab/limo to the airport.

The OP wants to see what he can of Tokyo in a few hours. Does it matter if it's the Hilton or not for such a short stay?
Old Sep 18, 2013, 2:20 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC Elite, UA Gold
Originally Posted by evergrn
Just checked the Limo Bus schedule to HND and, lucky for you, there happens to be one leaving the Hilton at 4.25am and getting into HND at 5.15am. That'll be perfect for your 6.35am departure.
Thanks to all. I'll take everything into consideration. I think I may have made all my decisions. Seems one thing is for sure, I'll be taking the limo bus.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Best Option? Current Fare Estimate?

Mrs. 747FC and I are getting back to Japan, this time arriving in Narita at about 1:30 PM on a weekday. Taxi vs. bus transport to the Hilton Shinjuku will take roughly about the same amount of time., although the bus will make a few stops. Given our luggage situation, we will pass on the train.

Can those knowledable let me know what the current taxi and airport limo bus service might cost at that time of the day?

Thanks.

Last edited by 747FC; Apr 2, 2014 at 1:37 am
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by 747FC
Mrs. 747FC and I are getting back to Japan, this time arriving in Narita at about 1:30 PM on a weekday. Taxi vs. bus transport to the Hilton Shinjuku will take roughly about the same amount of time., although the bus will make a few stops. Given our luggage situation, we will pass on the train.

Can those knowledable let me know what the current taxi and airport limo bus service might cost at that time of the day?

Thanks.
Airport Limousine Bus will cost 3,100 Yen to Hilton Tokyo. It's a fixed price.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:18 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Fixed fare taxi to Shinjuku = 22,000 yen
Bus = About 3,000 yen per person (Find exact price on Limousine bus website)
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Many thanks, jib71 and SQ319!

The fixed rate taxi makes this limo service, suggested in a TR by SFO777 quite reasonable:

http://tokyomk.com/global/jp/e_index.html

Last edited by 747FC; Apr 2, 2014 at 10:29 am Reason: Added info
Old Apr 3, 2014, 3:18 am

The fixed rate taxi makes this limo service, suggested in a TR by SFO777 quite reasonable:

http://tokyomk.com/global/jp/e_index.html
1,000 yen cheaper than the fare on the airport website. Fair enough. And MK is one of the better taxi firms...

But still about 15,000 yen more expensive than the train or bus (for two).
Old Apr 3, 2014, 5:12 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
MK Taxi’s website indicates:
A placard service fee (including parking fee) of 3,000 JPY applies to pick up from Narita airport
Which the limo service by MK Taxi from Narita Airport to Hilton Tokyo (C Zone for Shinjuku-ku) will be 21000 + 3000, the grand total of 24,000 yen. Limo ride from Hilton Tokyo to Narita Airport seems to be 21,000 yen.

Then this comes gray area. On MK Taxi’s English website it states:
There is a highway toll fee (max.2,650 JPY for TOKYO) except for the fare below.
Says "except" which indicates highway toll is included on fixed rate suggesting the ride to Hilton Tokyo will be 24,000 yen. However, on MK Taxi’s Japanese website indicates:
※下記表の運賃の他に別途、高速代金、駐車料金が必要になります。
Says "Addition to the following fixed rate" which is suggesting that highway toll is separate from the fixed rate shown on the website. Currently highway toll from Narita Airport to central Tokyo is 2,500 yen via Keio Expressway and 2,650 yen for Wangan Expressway. Japanese website is suggesting that the total fare on limo service by MK from Narita Airport to Hilton Tokyo can be 26,500 yen or 26,650 yen.

Little discrepancy here. Different fares for Gaijin and Nihonjin?!
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: UA, NW
¥26,000 is about US$260. Unless I were so affluent that I never had to ask how much something cost, I would rather spend the money on a couple of nights in a mid-priced hotel or several delicious meals or some high-quality folk art than on a taxi ride.

The bus is dependable, comfortable (my jet-lagged self has been able to get a nice nap in during the trip from NRT to central Tokyo or from KIX to Kobe), carries all your luggage, goes straight to your destination, and costs 4.5 times less. Who cares if it makes a couple of stops?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by ksandness
Who cares if it makes a couple of stops?
Me. But that's why I have a preference for the train.
Only time I have taken a taxi is when it was offered as a freebie.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Is Viator a good option?

OK, so I was going to book the Airport Limousine Bus, but then someone told me about booking on Viator.com. I checked the site and it appears that it is only a bit more then the ALB, but may turn out to be a private taxi ride for the two of us. Anyone have any good or bad experiences booking with Vitator out of Narita?

Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2014, 5:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

A little more.... $50 pp and still shared transportation? Why pay more when the limousine bus is good and schedules are frequent....it's a nice option if your destination isn't served by the regular bus.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 8:01 am

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
Do busses sell out and then you have to wait longer?

I've just reviewed the limo bus schedule from nrt to the hilton and i see they run approximately every half hour. What happens when they are busy? Do you have to wait until the next one? Or do they run extra busses?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:01 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
They supplement the service with that of similar routes, specifically Shinjuku Station West route. So will not have to wait for too longer.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 6:07 am
Original Poster

I'm the OP. I actually arrived in Tokyo from Haneda (by taxi) on an earlier part of the trip, and stayed at the Hilton. I walked all over the place, including trying to (successfully) navigate the Shinjuku station's different exits. FWIW, I would never as a first timer with luggage in tow want to arrive tired in Shinjuku and figure out how to get to the hotel, either by shuttle, walk or taxi. I would recommend first-timers take the Airport Limousine Bus right to the Hilton entrance. Again, many thanks for all the advice you offered.
Back in Tokyo, again at the Hilton. Arrived Narita, took Airport Limo Bus, which left about 20 min after we got tix. 90 min later, dropped off at Hilton after two brief stops. This was a no-brainet option, costing only $60 for Mrs and I.

Thanks for advice, FTers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.