[Review] JR Tower Hotel Nikko Sapporo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2012, 7:07 am
Original Poster

[Review] JR Tower Hotel Nikko Sapporo

Finally had a little time to post up my hotel stays @ Japan
After Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, this one is at Sapporo Hokkaido :

----------------

Headed back to check-in at our hotel after we’re done with lunch. Compared to Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, JR Tower Hotel Nikko Sapporo (long name eh?) is a much more luxurious option!

We had booked a Twin Room (Moderate) from JAPANiCAN, which amazingly offered it at only 16,000 Yen per night. If you check the official website, it is listed as 36,000 Yen per night, for 2 adults!
* Not sure if this is still the case, feel free to check it out

At 30 sq-metres, our room for the next three nights is huge, compared to Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku. Upon entering the room, even the passageway looked enormous. The restroom is on one side, with the wardrobe and mini-fridge on the other.

Featuring a simple design with dark brown as the main tone, the whole idea is to give guests a comfortable stay. The TV console / dressing table / work desk is spacious enough to put drinks, coins, laptop and bags with space to spare. The mirror can be kept by flipping it downwards into the table. I can actually see the floor!

The Twin Room, in fact, contains TWO super-super-single beds! We had checked the bed’s dimension beforehand – it could fit both of us (small-sized Asians heh) one bed comfortably.

Did I mention that the mattress, pillows and cushions were ultra comfortable?

When the website says that “You can enjoy breathtaking views..”, they were dead serious about it. This was the exact view that greeted us every single day! Far into the horizons, the mountains sit on the right side. From the photo, you can easily see how the buildings and roads are in a grid-like manner – the result of urban planning.

Practical and spacious bathroom stocked with the usual amenities, nothing too fanciful here.

Ah. A full-size bathtub to soothe aching muscles – quite unlike the tiny one at Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku.

Our traditional Japanese breakfast in the morning :

Service was great at the hotel, and staff were polite. They helped us with our luggage upon arrival at hotel. We were too early for check-in and they allowed us to leave our luggage with them while we strolled around. Location is superb - the hotel is linked to the train station and shopping malls. Room is clean & spacious.

I would be hesitant at the original price tag, but at 16,000 Yen per night it was a no brainer!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 6:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Thanks for the great tip on japanican.com, haven't managed to find another site which does nikko sapporo cheaply yet!

Saw on your website you went to the disneyland hotel, look forward to that review.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peachy3
Thanks for the great tip on japanican.com, haven't managed to find another site which does nikko sapporo cheaply yet!

Saw on your website you went to the disneyland hotel, look forward to that review.
Thanks peachy3! Yeah, japanican.com had an amazing deal, I just had to share it. I'll try to get to the DisneyLand hotel review as soon as I can

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.