Another discount airport bus "The Access Narita" launched. Y1,000 year round

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: O Sora
Advantages of this bus service over Tokyo Shuttle

11 rows of seats vs 12, and this makes a huge difference.
121 services per day vs 113
Lavatory available in bus
Accepts Suica/Pasmo/Icoca etc.
No need to buy a ticket before boarding.
Runs on less jammed Wangan(bay side) expressway (subeject to change depending on the traffic)
Departs from a favorable location, just in front of Tokyo Station.
Ginza bus stop is convenient to connect to/from Marunouchi, Ginza, and Hibiya Lines.

The Access Narita and Tokyo Shuttle may share a bus stop at NRT. Double check before you take the bus.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: meltdowngraded from "F" and "C" , Accor Plt, BW Dia, ihg G, UA 0.9999MM

*update* Dec 2013

Heiwa Kotsu has recently started "The Access Narita" bus service between NRT and central Tokyo. They are not good at PR and I found this service when I happened to see their bus stop. Always 1000 yen one way and operated once to three times per hour in the daytime.

Website.
http://accessnarita.jp/en/home/

Last edited by O Sora; Dec 7, 2014 at 9:45 am
Old Aug 26, 2012, 3:18 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pretty good price, and fairly competitive with the Keisei line limited express.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 8:08 pm
Yub

Thank you for posting! Information in English can be found here: http://heiwakotsu.com/img/language2.pdf.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 1:16 am

Programs: Dirt
This is great info! I will try this service on my stopover next week.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 6:49 pm

Just took this bus to Narita Airport this morning. I hoped to take it into the city too but I just missed it.

The bus is almost brand new. It has 4+1 seats per row. The fare box has a felica reader for ic cards such as suica, but when I inquired the driver said cash only. The bus does not have onboard lavatory. There was another company rep along to assist with loading and unloading of luggages.

I boarded the bus at the starting bus stop near Yurakucho station. 4 passengers in all boarded here. The Yurakucho station is also used for other routes depending on time of hour. The bus left right on time at 7:25.

At the Yaesu stop, the bus picked up about 7-8 pasengers. The bus departed about 3 min late, but still made it to T1 at scheduled time of 8:40. We did not encounter any traffic during the outbound trip.

In all I am very happy with the price and performance of this service.

http://yfrog.com/h3f79ubj
http://yfrog.com/h2iq9xnj
Old Sep 17, 2012, 9:46 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by msb0b
Just took this bus to Narita Airport this morning. I hoped to take it into the city too but I just missed it.

The bus is almost brand new. It has 4+1 seats per row. The fare box has a felica reader for ic cards such as suica, but when I inquired the driver said cash only. The bus does not have onboard lavatory. There was another company rep along to assist with loading and unloading of luggages.

I boarded the bus at the starting bus stop near Yurakucho station. 4 passengers in all boarded here. The Yurakucho station is also used for other routes depending on time of hour. The bus left right on time at 7:25.

At the Yaesu stop, the bus picked up about 7-8 pasengers. The bus departed about 3 min late, but still made it to T1 at scheduled time of 8:40. We did not encounter any traffic during the outbound trip.

In all I am very happy with the price and performance of this service.

http://yfrog.com/h3f79ubj
http://yfrog.com/h2iq9xnj
How is this viable? 12 passengers equals 12,000 yen. Do buses actually pay the posted tolls? Large vehicles are normally double so it's 900 for the Shuto and then ~1400 yen so 2300 x 2 = 4600 yen in tolls alone.

The Limousine bus got on and off the Shuto to avoid the back-up over the Rainbow bridge (he took the non-toll portion). Getting on and off incurs more cost for a regular vehicle even with the new distance based tolls.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 1:24 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by gnaget
How is this viable? 12 passengers equals 12,000 yen. Do buses actually pay the posted tolls? Large vehicles are normally double so it's 900 for the Shuto and then ~1400 yen so 2300 x 2 = 4600 yen in tolls alone.
Most buses are in the "extra large" category so the toll would probably be north of 6,000 yen. I suppose the service is only viable with more passengers....
Old Sep 18, 2012, 8:14 am

No doubt they are operating at a loss with only 12 passengers, but it is an early morning schedule. Maybe later buses have more passengers, or perhaps the ridership will pick up in time as more people know about this service. Hope this service will be successful, as competition is good for us consumers.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 1:22 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by msb0b
No doubt they are operating at a loss with only 12 passengers, but it is an early morning schedule. Maybe later buses have more passengers, or perhaps the ridership will pick up in time as more people know about this service. Hope this service will be successful, as competition is good for us consumers.
I think you were close to arriving around the peak for people who arrive 2 hours before mid-morning departures.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 1:45 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
The service may also be subsidized somehow by NRT, which would make sense as they are making efforts to lure low-yield domestic traffic away from HND.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: meltdowngraded from "F" and "C" , Accor Plt, BW Dia, ihg G, UA 0.9999MM
Deleted.
Reason. Website withdrawn.

Last edited by O Sora; Dec 25, 2013 at 8:31 am
Old Nov 15, 2012, 6:16 am

Programs: A3*G, DL Platinum
I'll note that I took this bus a few weeks ago on my way to the US (happened to be in the area, and it was actually easier to jump on at the Ginza stop than trek over to Tokyo station for the N'Ex) and was quite impressed. Like the others, only a few passengers -- and almost everyone got out at the first T2 bus stop for the LCCs. Only two of us went on to T1, where the stop is right in front of the south side terminal.

Unless there's ridiculous congestion, this basically runs at the same speed as the N'Ex, and for a third of the price. Recommended.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:40 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

I took it a few days ago and appreciate its convenient bus stop in Yaesu (hop over to the depachika in Ginza, then maybe a few antenna shop). The bus was less than half-full, and at the same cost as the Keisei line from NRT to Nippori, it's much more preferred.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 12:52 am

I remember taking the Airport Limousine bus last year, and a single trip cost me 3000 Yen from Narita to Shinjuku, compared to 1000 Yen for this I might give this a try in future if it is a convenient option ^
Old Dec 5, 2012, 3:47 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Nivek
I remember taking the Airport Limousine bus last year, and a single trip cost me 3000 Yen from Narita to Shinjuku, compared to 1000 Yen for this I might give this a try in future if it is a convenient option ^
If you're heading to Shinjuku, then you can alight at the Yaesu (by Tokyo station) bus stop, head over to Tokyo station and then hop on the Marunouchi line. Naturally, taking much luggage makes this less fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.