Old Jun 27, 2012, 3:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Skymiles, AAdvantage
Expensive...(YYG-NRT)

______

Last edited by y2imm; Mar 19, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Old Jun 27, 2012, 7:41 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Air fares to Japan are always higher in the summer, even though the weather in Japan is either hot and humid or rainy.

You might be able to reduce it a bit by breaking the ticket into two portions -- YYE to a major airport and then from that major airport to NRT/HND.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA, NW
Play around with different departure cities, and then see if you can find a low-cost carrier to that point from YYG.

On my last trip, I priced DL's nonstop from MSP and found the price to be outrageous. So I played around with other possible cities to leave from and found that flights out of LAX were significantly cheaper than any others. I book at flight LAX-NRT and then found a cheap flight MSP-LAX. I saved hundreds of dollars, even with staying overnight near LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.