What to Do with 3+ hours in Narita

Subscribe
Will be making a connection in Narita. Arr: 12:50 pm; Lv: 6:45 pm. Is there anything I can do to while away the time? I'm pretty sure that the answer is NO. Thought I'd ask anyway. I guess I can just relax in either the JAL or AA 1st class lounge. Any preferences either way? Thanks
There is a sticky at the top of the forum labeled "Japan (Tokyo and beyond) Master Thread." Like a magic 8-ball, it will answer all your questions, but fortunately in more detail.
There's no AA F lounge at NRT, only AC
Quote: There is a sticky at the top of the forum labeled "Japan (Tokyo and beyond) Master Thread." Like a magic 8-ball, it will answer all your questions, but fortunately in more detail.
Quote: There's no AA F lounge at NRT, only AC
JALPak: Thanks for your comment. The AA desk told me that since I was on a F ticket transiting in Narita, I could relax in either the AA or JAL 1st lounge. Was he partially correct? Can I go to JAL's 1st or must I go to AC's? Thanks
Quote: JALPak: Thanks for your comment. The AA desk told me that since I was on a F ticket transiting in Narita, I could relax in either the AA or JAL 1st lounge. Was he partially correct? Can I go to JAL's 1st or must I go to AC's? Thanks
Are you connecting to a F flight? You can access any oneworld F/J lounge at NRT based on class of service
With that amount of time, it *could* be enough for a quick trip into Narita town, a quick hop by train. It's actually a very nice place to send the afternoon. Have a nice lunch at one of the many cute restaurants lining the main street. Then have an hours stroll around the very beautiful and famous Narita-san temple and gardens.

If that's feeling too ambitious for you, there are things to do outside of security if you don't want to spend the whole time in the lounge. A pretty comprehensive mall like shopping area on the upper level, lots of souvenirs and Japanese goods to take home, restaurants. For me, get a piping hot pork tonkatsu bento box (or sushi), some mochi/ ice cream and head to the nice and large observation deck. That's kind of nirvana like for me... if it sounds at all interesting to you, check it out.
Go check out the shops and if go to the other terminal. Terminal 2 has a lot of fun shops as restaurants. I usually go to a sushi restaurant and can kill 2 hours easily.
If you bold, catch a train out to next city, there will a lot more to do. Go play some pachinko (Japanese pinball/gambling) if you really want to kill time!
For someone unfamiliar with Japan, a trip to the town of Narita may be a bit ambitious, since you can never predict how long it will take to go through immigration and customs and then check back in.

However, the shopping area in the airport is a pretty good place to kill a couple of hours, with lots of souvenir shops (and not all the souvenirs are junky--some are quite nice), a bookstore, an electronics and music store, stalls that sell boxes of the types of foods that appeal mainly to Japanese people (I imagine that people take them to their homesick relatives posted overseas), and several restaurants and snack bars serving a wide range of food and drink both Japanese and international.