RTW Family with 2 Boys Looking for Tokyo Playdate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2012, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, Chase Sapphire, A3 Gold, Alaska Air, UA, Virgin Atlantic, SPG, Hyatt

My wife, two boys (9 and 10) and I are on a 6 month RTW trip and in Tokyo for a few days.

We would like to meet up with another family in Tokyo (expat or Japanese) - probably the afternoon or evening of April 13th or 14th.

My boys enjoy Legos, soccer and Beyblades. We'll be staying in Roppongi.

We're seasoned travelers from California. We'd love to find some other kids for them to play soccer with!

Suggestions welcome!

Last edited by surfguy7; Apr 9, 2012 at 11:32 pm Reason: added dates
Old Apr 10, 2012, 1:21 am
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by joelbra
My wife, two boys (9 and 10) and I are on a 6 month RTW trip and in Tokyo for a few days.

We would like to meet up with another family in Tokyo (expat or Japanese) - probably the afternoon or evening of April 13th or 14th.

My boys enjoy Legos, soccer and Beyblades. We'll be staying in Roppongi.

We're seasoned travelers from California. We'd love to find some other kids for them to play soccer with!

Suggestions welcome!
May want to call the Tokyo American Club to see if they can think of anything to help.

www.tac-club.org/
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: meltdowngraded from "F" and "C" , Accor Plt, BW Dia, ihg G, UA 0.9999MM
Originally Posted by mjm
May want to call the Tokyo American Club
Or MIA.
http://www.minato-intl-assn.gr.jp/
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:16 pm

If you don't find anyone to meet up with, I would suggest taking them to Kidzania, located in Lalaport:

http://www.kidzania.jp/tokyo/en/

They are the perfect age for it and will definitely interact with other children there.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mbloes
If you don't find anyone to meet up with, I would suggest taking them to Kidzania, located in Lalaport:

http://www.kidzania.jp/tokyo/en/

They are the perfect age for it and will definitely interact with other children there.
Definitely call ahead if you consider this option, as there's a very good chance that they are already no reservations left available.

Also be advised that older children generally show up at the afternoon session, while there are more little kids in the morning.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Plat, Chase Sapphire, A3 Gold, Alaska Air, UA, Virgin Atlantic, SPG, Hyatt
Thanks for the KidZania suggestion. Will that work with kids who don't speak Japanese?
Old Apr 11, 2012, 7:59 am

In general, yes. We were visiting as tourists and my son was seven at the time. Even though he looks vaguely "asian" (mom is Filipina), he was born in Los Angeles and, of course, doesn't speak a word of J-go.

Regardless, many employees speak some English, and all your boys have to do is kind of follow what the other kids are doing. At one point, my son wasn't figuring out what to do and another Japanese boy saw it and went over and helped him. It was very cute.

And hailstorm is correct - it would make sense to check on reservations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.